• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

I have in discussion with HDFC for Diners black LTF

Momo_Scooby

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I have in discussion with HDFC for Diners black LTF, but now I have a dilemma should I upgrade from my Regalia or should I separately apply for DIners black they said if I want to keep both Regalia And diners black I need to apply as fresh card and they will as per bank policy will further decide.
Now my question is do I really need Regalia for any use case (meaning upgrading to Infinia ) or just Diner black is sufficient for all the HDFC offers online and offline? And in the future, I can use DIner black itself for the upgrade to Infinia.

Note: I am not sure if my regalia is LTF or not. earlier regalia was my main card so I always had spent 10+lakhs on that and I must be getting fee reversal but now Magnus is my main card so not sure on card anniversary whether I will get the annual fee this time or not.

I already have the following cards with me.

Axis Magnus
HDFC Regalia
IndusInd Legend
ICICI MMT Signature
Axis Flipkart
Axis Neo
IDFC First Select
BOB One Card
ICICI Amazon Pay
ICICI Platinum
Kotak League

you can also get Infinia via DCB, Regalia isnt the only way

DCB is way better than Regalia, so if you stay in tier-1 city, then this shouldn't be a question either :P

go for DCB (double check that its LTF) but ask for 10L+ limit.....then after 1-2 years, you can request for Infinia if your spends stay similar to Regalia

Now the spending will not be similar to my regalia because of Magnus.
My Regalia have 6.75L limit.
They have given me two choices one they will upgrade my Regalia to DCB LTF (under the Alumni program). Other if I want to hold Dual cards then I have to fresh apply for DCB and then they will internally evaluate before the final verdict.
My only confusion is if DCB works for all HDFC offers online or offline (Apple stores as they have HDFC offer only most of the time).
Or I should think of having Regalia as well with me for HDFC offers where DCB is not accepted.
If I can get all the HDFC offers with DCB I don't want to hold regalia because it will be of no use and for any other emergency I do have other Mastercard and visa cards. just don't want to miss any HDFC offers because of this decision.

Note: I live in Bangalore.

Can anyone confirm that they have upgraded from DCB to Infinia?

Last edited:
I recently upgraded to DCB from regalia. After that, I had tried to purchase the iPhone 14 from Unicorn, but DCB didn't work there because the HDFC discount was only on Plural Gateway and on that DCB wasn't working.

I then called different apple reseller stores in Bangalore to check whether they accept DCB or not, only one wasn't accepting (he had the lowest offer price though).

Finally, ordered on Croma through the Tata Neu app and got a comparable deal as Unicorn due to Neucoins.

Conclusion is that it can definitely give issues at some places but usually it works well. ( My father is using the add-on in Delhi, and it has been working at all offline stores he has swiped at till now)

Edit: I had called the Unicorn offline store to check if it was possible to make the payment in some way, and they said they could send a link where DCB will work, but someone will have to pick up the iPhone from their outlet. Since, they have none in Bangalore, it wasn't quite useful but this is also a possibility

Go for DCB if you are getting it LTF.
I was holding Diners cards from 2015-Aug 2022, upgraded to Infinia in August 2022.
All HDFC offers work for Diners too.
You dont need to hold Regalia since you already have Magnus.

Make sure that you regularly use DCB so that you keep getting LE's .

I am also in same dilemma .. Regalia to DCB
option1=> split limit between regalia and dcb keep both LTF
option2=> keep just 1 dcb upgrade to regalia

In option1 its unnecessary headache of maintaining 2 CC from HDFC .. which one is more better for future terms let say if I want DCB to Infinia .. I guess limit split case will be bad in future

Back