• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

I have multiple Cards. Is this a problem?

Skumar

TF Buzz
I have around 15 cards in India, and I will get 1 US Based card, possibly Amex or Citi, as I am to go to LA soon, due to company onshore. We also have a family business that my younger brother oversees.
I don't use all the cards at all times.
My most used cards in the order-
======================
1) Axis Ace (limit is 4.23 lakh) (FYF, as I got it when it was released around 2 years back)
2) HDFC Regalia (limit 7 lakh) (recently limit enhancement and upgrade received)
3) ICICI Amazon Pay (limit 4 lakh)

Now, I have been using the cards for quite some time, possibly 5+ years. So far, I have never missed a payment. I am mostly a card collector, as I want to collect as many cards as possible, without joining or annual fees. There are some cards, for which I pay the charges, but those cards are worth it, and I achieve spend based reversals.

Is this a bad thing to be a card collector, while many of my cards are barely used?

I have found out about this community from Twitter, and so, I jumped in to ask this question.

I have around 15 cards in India, and I will get 1 US Based card, possibly Amex or Citi, as I am to go to LA soon, due to company onshore. We also have a family business that my younger brother oversees.
======================
1) Axis Ace (limit is 4.23 lakh) (FYF, as I got it when it was released around 2 years back)
2) HDFC Regalia (limit 7 lakh) (recently limit enhancement and upgrade received)

Now, I have been using the cards for quite some time, possibly 5+ years. So far, I have never missed a payment. I am mostly a card collector, as I want to collect as many cards as possible, without joining or annual fees. There are some cards, for which I pay the charges, but those cards are worth it, and I achieve spend based reversals.

Is this a bad thing to be a card collector, while many of my cards are barely used?

I have found out about this community from Twitter, and so, I jumped in to ask this question.
Cards which you hold but do not use frequently, atleast make a small transaction (even Re. 1 works) once every 4-5 months to keep them active and always keep a track of payments.

======================

No problem as long as you are not missing any payments. Also closely monitor statements of all the cards atleast once a month because frauds are more common these days.

Back