• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

I need some suggestions for Credit card Closure

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidboss

TF Buzz
Hi. Do anyone here have experience of closing HDFC credit card? whether making online closure request for HDFC credit card will close my card? I made online request on 28feb and received call on 16th, cust care rep requested to continue the card and if still wants for closure then give application to HDFC branch. I have made online closure request today again, should I give application in hardcopy too?

prc1990

TF Legend
Hi. Do anyone here have experience of closing HDFC credit card? whether making online closure request for HDFC credit card will close my card? I made online request on 28feb and received call on 16th, cust care rep requested to continue the card and if still wants for closure then give application to HDFC branch. I have made online closure request today again, should I give application in hardcopy too?
Any unpleasant experience with the card/bank?

AllSeeker

TF Ace
You should not only give hard copy but also get a signed copy of so from branch, if they are not giving directly ask them for mail of it, they do it in 15 days or so. This is true in my experience for private banks at least. Most important thing is getting banks acknowledgment that you have indeed asked for closing and they have acted on it.

Sometimes banks do not close cards and keep them running, few months down the line or in some less informed cases few years down the line it will strike back with hefty penalty which you will end up clearing to avoid hassle and cibil score damage.

Last edited:

sidboss

TF Buzz
Any unpleasant experience with the card/bank?
Not any unpleasant experience. It's 11 year old money-back card and on which I'm not getting any upgrade. I've been offered diners black by HDFC branch guys now but they are asking to close previous one first as it was issued on my old profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.