• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI Bank Emeralde Private Metal Credit Card Launched

ICICI Bank has launched the Emerald Private Metal Credit Card, which offers all the benefits of the ICICI Emerald Credit Card along with a few additional benefits.

Welcome Benefits:
  1. Taj Epicure membership for the first year. [You'll get one stay voucher with this]
  2. Receive 12,500 bonus reward points after annual fee payment each year.
  3. EazyDiner Prime membership (renewed annually).
Main Benefits:
  1. Unlimited golf games/lessons for the primary cardholder.
  2. Unlimited domestic airport lounge access using the Emerald Private Metal Credit Card for both the primary and add-on cardholders.
  3. Unlimited international airport lounge access using Priority Pass for both the primary and add-on cardholders.
  4. Buy one, get one free movie/event ticket from BookMyShow twice per month. Maximum Discount: Rs. 750 per ticket.
  5. Up to Rs. 12,000 refund for a maximum of 2 transactions per year on tickets booked exclusively with the Emeralde Private Metal Credit Card.
  6. Discounted markup fees: 2%.
  7. 1% fuel surcharge waiver for all transactions up to Rs. 4000. Maximum surcharges waiver - Rs. 1000 per statement cycle.
  8. No Extra Charges/Penalty For: Cash Withdrawal, Over limit, Late payment.
  9. You can get 3 complimentary add-on cards
Reward System:
Earn 6 reward points for every Rs. 200 spent.
No reward points on Tax Payment, Rent payments, EMI and Fuel purchases.

Reward Points Value:
Flight/Hotel Booking: 1 reward point = Rs. 1
Gift Vouchers*: 1 reward point = Rs. 1
Rewards Catalogue [other products]: 1 reward point = Rs. 0.60
Statement Credit: 1 reward point = Rs. 0.40

*Brands' Gift Vouchers available under the 1:1 redemption ratio include:
  • Travel Category: MakeMyTrip, EaseMyTrip, Yatra, ClearTrip, Hyaat, Marriott International, ITC Hotels, Taj Hotels.

View attachment 36109
  • Electronics: Apple
  • Luxury Brands: Tanishq, Mothercare [Luxe], G-Star Raw [Luxe], Giorgio Armani [Luxe], Emporio Armani [Luxe], Canali [Luxe], Coach [Luxe], Tumi [Luxe], Scotch & Soda [Luxe], Jimmy Choo [Luxe]
There are lots of other brand vouchers available, but for those, you'll get a value of 1 reward point = Rs. 0.60. I think you have a decent option available under the 1:1 redemption category. ITC, Hyatt, Marriott, Taj, and other travel-related vouchers are worth considering. So, in terms of redemption options, I must say this is a decent card. And I think this is better than HDFC SmartBuy portal flight or hotel booking redemption system. The main downside of SmartBuy portal flight or hotel booking redemption is that you can't use 100% reward points. However, in the case of ICICI Emeralde Private Metal Card, you can just get an MMT voucher or any other travel voucher and book your flights or hotels.

Reward Rate:
Flight/Hotel Booking: 3%
Gift Vouchers: 3%
Rewards Catalogue: 1.8%
Statement Credit: 1.2%

Reward Redemption:
You can redeem your ICICI Bank Reward Points across Catalogues, from movie and travel vouchers to lifestyle products, mobiles, appliances, statement credit and more.
Redemption of Reward Points against statement balance (cashback redemption) is capped at 50,000 Reward Points per Statement cycle.

Reward Capping:
  • Reward Points earned on Insurance transaction will be capped at 5,000 Reward Points per statement cycle. [Spends required to reach maximum reward- Rs. 1,66,800]
  • Reward Points earned on grocery transaction will be capped at 1,000 Reward Points per statement cycle. [Spends required to reach maximum reward- Rs. 33,400]
  • Reward Points earned on Utilities transaction will be capped at 1,000 Reward Points per statement cycle. [Spends required to reach maximum reward- Rs. 33,400]
  • Reward Points earned on Education transaction will be capped at 1,000 Reward Points per statement cycle. [Spends required to reach maximum reward- Rs. 33,400]

Milestone Benefits:
Spend Rs. 8 lakhs per year and receive 2 air travel vouchers worth Rs. 3000 each (total Rs. 6000) from EaseMyTrip. Reward Rate: 0.75%.
Spends 4 Lakhs and get first EaseMyTrip voucher worth Rs. 3000/-​
Spends 8 Lakhs and get your second EaseMyTrip voucher worth Rs. 3000/-​

Charges:
Joining Fee: Rs. 12,499 + GST.
Annual Fee: Rs. 12,499 + GST.
Annual Fee Reversal Criteria: Spend Rs. 10 lakhs in the next card membership year to have your annual fee reversed.

Card Replacement Fees: Rs. 3500/-

Opinion:
The ICICI Bank Emeralde Private Metal Credit Card is the flagship credit card of ICICI Bank. When considering the reward rate, I must say this card offers decent value back on spending. The main drawback is that ICICI Bank does not offer a reward points transfer feature like HDFC Bank or Axis Bank.
Typically, credit cards of this nature provide the option to transfer points. However, in this case, we can only redeem our reward points for brand gift vouchers. I hope ICICI Bank will address this issue and introduce some transfer partners soon. You'll receive 12,500 reward points worth Rs. 12,500 on joining, so mathematically you'll only need to pay the GST (Approx. Rs. 2250/-) each year, similar to the SC Ultimate credit card. Additionally, you'll receive Taj Epicure membership for the first year with this card, allowing you to enjoy a complimentary stay at a Taj hotel. This benefit can help offset your card's joining fees effectively.
Overall, this is a good credit card, unlike other gemstone cards, as it offers a better reward rate. If you are seeking a premium credit card but don't plan to redeem your reward points for airline miles and instead prefer gift vouchers, then this credit card is for you.

Last edited:
Yup Marquee is higher rewarding in online spends at 4.5% and online forex for offline the RR decreases significantly.

Forex markup is at 1% compared to emeralde private's 2% .

This EMT/MMT vouchers are actually not valued at 1:1 , their is a potential loss of card discounts and accelerated bonuses.

If you feel for your spending pattern this card is regarding then it's good as at the end that only matter.

But in terms of rewards there are other low cost cards like atlas that gives a neat 5.3% just on base spends or amex gold Charge that can provide around 15-16% return for a meagre 72k spend in a year.

I have this card as an upgrade option over my emeralde since last few months in imobile, but after carefully analysis , the incremental value that it offers doesn't justify the exorbitant fees of over 14k , on top of that it misses out on an important non spend base benefits , that's dreamfolks card with unlimited spa access.
This is correct .. Emeralde PVC LTF is a much better option than EPM

@

I am sorry if this question is repetitive but can you please elaborate on this aspect (through calculations if possible) ??
Simple reasons:
1) there are other cards which can give you better rewards on the regular online spends .
ICICI cards are not known for their rewards on spends. They are generally for instant discounts
2) the uniqueness of emeralde since the beginning is is unlimited spa access which was removed in EPM. So the USP was gone in EPM.
As far as I know there is no card that is giving unlimited spa access rn in the market other than emeralde pvc.. imagine if it is given LTF..

However if you don’t want to compare EPM with emeralde pvc ..EPM is still a okay card considering its offline spend rewards…

I only have a salary account with ICICI from past 6 years - no other loans, deposits as such. But I have been a heavy user of Amazon Pay for my offline spends.

So seems like salary + amazon pay usage may have been the catalyst. No invite through call - card showed up as upgrade option in NetBanking.
Yes, it seems your heavy offline spends did the trick here coupled with salary account

I only have a salary account with ICICI from past 6 years - no other loans, deposits as such. But I have been a heavy user of Amazon Pay for my offline spends.

So seems like salary + amazon pay usage may have been the catalyst. No invite through call - card showed up as upgrade option in NetBanking.
Awesome.. thanks… is your salary is higher than 3 lakhs per month?

Reactions: SSV
Amazon Pay/ICICI Platinum. As you might be aware - card upgrade in ICICI generates the new card without closing the old one. So, now I have 3 ICICI cards.
Your 3 ccs now.. can you tell me which network these cards are ?

Your new emeralde private metal is on mastercard network. Is your amazon cc and another cc (which 1 ?), both on mastercard network as well ?

Amazon Pay is Visa, Platinum is MasterCard. Any relevance of this information?
Maybeee...

Amazon pay is co-branded cc. Not main stream, so doesnt count. Your platinum cc is MC. And cause emeralde private metal comes in MC network only for now, you got the offer.

If i look thru all past members who got the emeralde private metal, maybe all of them had MC ccs.

I have amazon, mmt and emeralde pvc, all in visa. And now I am beginning to think, that is why I never got the private metal invite.

Lemme call wealth management and ask for a MC variant emeralde. See what they say.

Update -
Sure, I would love to help. You can contact our Phone Banking officer by Email, Call or Chat. Just Click Below. (Live chat services available Monday to Saturday 9 AM - 6 PM).

Maybeee...

Amazon pay is co-branded cc. Not main stream, so doesnt count. Your platinum cc is MC. And cause emeralde private metal comes in MC network only for now, you got the offer.

If i look thru all past members who got the emeralde private metal, maybe all of them had MC ccs.

I have amazon, mmt and emeralde pvc, all in visa. And now I am beginning to think, that is why I never got the private metal invite.

Lemme call wealth management and ask for a MC variant emeralde. See what they say.

Update -
Sure, I would love to help. You can contact our Phone Banking officer by Email, Call or Chat. Just Click Below. (Live chat services available Monday to Saturday 9 AM - 6 PM).
Ok, there will be other reasons for not getting the invite - card network is not one of them, that I can confirm. One of my friends got an invite as well - he has Amazon Pay on Visa and Coral on Rupay. So you need not explore this route.

My guess is you are speculating this from Yes Bank discussion of Yes First Exclusive MasterCard cards not eligible for update to Yes Marquee Visa Infinite. But that's Yes Bank, don't take them seriously.

Ok, there will be other reasons for not getting the invite - card network is not one of them, that I can confirm. One of my friends got an invite as well - he has Amazon Pay on Visa and Coral on Rupay. So you need not explore this route.

My guess is you are speculating this from Yes Bank discussion of Yes First Exclusive MasterCard cards not eligible for update to Yes Marquee Visa Infinite. But that's Yes Bank, don't take them seriously.
I have ICICI sapphiro visa variant. Couple of months back, I had an invite for Emeralde private metal, so variant is not an issue.

I have ICICI sapphiro visa variant. Couple of months back, I had an invite for Emeralde private metal, so variant is not an issue.
according to you what might have triggered EPM offer?
your spends. othe loans realtionship, salary account ..etc ??
have you ever got Emeralde PVC paid / ltf offer before?
thanks

according to you what might have triggered EPM offer?
your spends. othe loans realtionship, salary account ..etc ??
have you ever got Emeralde PVC paid / ltf offer before?
thanks
I have salary account since last 10 years. Had a home loan in the past, but closed last year. Have Amazon pay card (use occasionally on Amazon) and sapphiro (only for bms offer). Other than salary account, no relationship as on date.

Yes, I had Emeralde PVC offer multiple times in the last two years. But it was always showing as paid card, never got ltf offer.

I have salary account since last 10 years. Had a home loan in the past, but closed last year. Have Amazon pay card (use occasionally on Amazon) and sapphiro (only for bms offer). Other than salary account, no relationship as on date.

Yes, I had Emeralde PVC offer multiple times in the last two years. But it was always showing as paid card, never got ltf offer.
Thanks for the details.
So in your case long standing salary account along with home loan did the trick to get EPM ig

Maybeee...

Update -
I had Emeralde pvc Visa infinite, Amazon pay Visa and Coral rupay (earlier Coral Visa which I closed), yet I got Emeralde Private metal MC.

I had Emeralde pvc Visa infinite, Amazon pay Visa and Coral rupay (earlier Coral Visa which I closed), yet I got Emeralde Private metal MC.
I too closed my coral visa last week, now got amazon visa, mmt visa, and emeralde pvc visa infinite now.

Just did live chat on ipal.

We inform you that you are holding ICICI Bank Emeralde Visa Credit Card and we inform you that there is no option to convert the card variant to VISA to Master.

We understand your concern, from our end we are unable to upgrade the card from VISA to Master,

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you, We regret through the chat channel we have the limited access only.

We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

As we checked from our end we are unable to place the request for the Emeralde private metal card it will be done only through Branch banking or RM.

Sir, we inform you that if you have pre approved offer for that you can apply from your imobile application and internet banking.

We understand your concern, from our end we are unable to apply new credit card or upgrade, we are extremely sorry Sir.
-----

Live chat se ye nahi banega. And the main thing, my rm doesnt reply me in last 1 month. Bm ko email kiya tha, wo bhi reply nahi kiya. I email wealth management to change my rm, no reply yet. Now should i change my branch as well ? I think that can be done online from the app.

Now people started to get calls from 3rd party agents for getting the emeralde private metal card. Mujhe call aaya bhi to mera phone nahi bajega, cause im not in india. Kya dikkat hai 😅

Back