• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI Bank fetching wrong aadhaar address while opening Savings Account

ak95

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
A few days ago, I tried to open a new digital savings bank account with ICICI Bank. After entering my PAN details, I was informed that I was eligible for Wealth Banking. However, when the system fetched my address details, they were comically outdated.
(Back in 2018, when I got an Amazon Pay credit card, my Aadhaar card had that old address. Since then, I have changed my aadhaar address 4 times and even got other ICICI CCs ( in 2021 and 2023) using updated aadhaar addresses. )

Now the digital account opening form is not allowing me to edit the address stating that "this address is fetched from aadhaar". Moreover, for some reason, they have disabled to uncheck "Communication address will be same as Permanent address".

I complained to customer care and they are outright lying that address is fetched from Aadhaar (while it is clear that they are using my very old address from their own database). Also they are asking me to "visit the nearest ICICI Bank branch for opening a new account along with original Proof of ID, since your details already exists with ICICI bank". The reply is fairly stupid in this age of digital banking, they are saying that since I am an existing customer, I should visit the branch. This is opposite of what should normally happen.

Update on 19.06.2024
IMG_1126.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: SSV
A few days ago, I tried to open a new digital savings bank account with ICICI Bank. After entering my PAN details, I was informed that I was eligible for Wealth Banking. However, when the system fetched my address details, they were comically outdated.
(Back in 2018, when I got an Amazon Pay credit card, my Aadhaar card had that old address. Since then, I have changed my aadhaar address 4 times and even got other ICICI CCs ( in 2021 and 2023) using updated aadhaar addresses. )

Now the digital account opening form is not allowing me to edit the address stating that "this address is fetched from aadhaar". Moreover, for some reason, they have disabled to uncheck "Communication address will be same as Permanent address".

I complained to customer care and they are outright lying that address is fetched from Aadhaar (while it is clear that they are using my very old address from their own database). Also they are asking me to "visit the nearest ICICI Bank branch for opening a new account along with original Proof of ID, since your details already exists with ICICI bank". The reply is fairly stupid in this age of digital banking, they are saying that since I am an existing customer, I should visit the branch. This is opposite of what should normally happen.
ICICI online account opening has became trash now. Even worst than SBI or PNB.

Infact, while opening they put a cibil enquiry for personal loan also. F***king hellll

ICICI online account opening has became trash now. Even worst than SBI or PNB.

Infact, while opening they put a cibil enquiry for personal loan also. F***king hellll

Ohh yes.. right.. Completely forgot about that CIBIT hit part. Not sure why they do this and that too for a personal loan.
and even after pulling my cibil report, aadhaar/PAN details they are using some very very old address for opening the account.

I am 100% sure that branch people will ask me some random Initial Funding amount ... so there's no point of going to the branch.

Ohh yes.. right.. Completely forgot about that CIBIT hit part. Not sure why they do this and that too for a personal loan.
and even after pulling my cibil report, aadhaar/PAN details they are using some very very old address for opening the account.

I am 100% sure that branch people will ask me some random Initial Funding amount ... so there's no point of going to the branch.
This whole ICICI digital on-boarding saga is like a dogs breakfast...

Last edited:
This problem is on ICICI's end . They sent me the new card on my 14 year old address linked with credit card closed 15 years ago.
A classic art work of a fresh graduate doing programing in ICICI,
pulling the oldest address, instead of latest address..... just a guess from my side.

Last edited:
This problem is on ICICI's end . They sent me the new card on my 14 year old address linked with credit card closed 15 years ago.
It seems this problem is specifically linked to ICICI only.
In my case also, they are using the address that was used to get a Credit Card 6 years ago. I got more ICICI cards in 2021 (MMT which has another address) and 2022/2023 (sapphiro which has my latest address).

That very old address is now no longer present in my CIBIL report and my aadhaar.

This whole ICICI digital on-boarding is like a dogs breakfast...
ICICI has really messed up such a basic process.

I have opened HDFC, Axis (later closed), and IndusInd accounts completely online without ever facing such issues or needing to visit a branch. In all these banks, I already held a credit card, and in the case of HDFC and Axis, their records had my old address. But, after completing the Savings Account KYC, they updated my credit card address as well after linking.

ICICI has really messed up such a basic process.

I have opened HDFC, Axis (later closed), and IndusInd accounts completely online without ever facing such issues or needing to visit a branch. In all these banks, I already held a credit card, and in the case of HDFC and Axis, their records had my old address. But, after completing the Savings Account KYC, they updated my credit card address as well after linking.
Yupp, the onboarding process of Axis and HDFC is much much better than ICICI🤡

Back