• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI Bank Loan balance transfer to RBI Deaf

Siva05

TF Buzz
I don't have/had any account ending with 0808 in ICICI Bank. However strangely I received below SMS yesterday from ICICI.

I only had a personal loan w/icici and my RM also confirmed it's not mine and ignore.

Should I ignore or should get it checked?

No response from customer care

.Dear Customer the available balance of INR 0.01 in your ICICI Bank Loan Account XX0808 would be transferred to RBI's DEAF Account on May-33 as per RBI guidelines. For details please visit the nearest Asset Servicing Branch.

Just confirm that its not showing in your cibil experion or other credit scores. If not showing then ignore it.
Someone might have registered that number before you. Got it.

I don't have/had any account ending with 0808 in ICICI Bank. However strangely I received below SMS yesterday from ICICI.

I only had a personal loan w/icici and my RM also confirmed it's not mine and ignore.

Should I ignore or should get it checked?

No response from customer care

.Dear Customer the available balance of INR 0.01 in your ICICI Bank Loan Account XX0808 would be transferred to RBI's DEAF Account on May-33 as per RBI guidelines. For details please visit the nearest Asset Servicing Branch.
Received same message for same amount..It is basically some excess amount reflecting credit in savings account or loan account and as per policy is being transferred to RBI Deaf account, which is basically unclaimed funds account.

If account is not operated/inactive for 10 years, balance is to be transferred to DEAF account by bank

Last edited:
Back