• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Icici credit card bill payment

I have paid my icici Amazon pay credit card bill on 20 june 2024 thru hdfc billpay .Due date was 20 june 2024 but till payment has not been credited in my card account by icici and today I have been charged late payment fees.
Now What I have to do
Plz guide

Nishan11

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Always pay by scanning qr code via upi which you can find in your card statement for that particular card. It will settled in 5 seconds.

You can request icici by showing invoice that you paid on 20th June itself & it was first delay due to late settlement by hdfc billpay, they may grant your request as first time exception & ask them not to report to cibil. Contact them soon.

Always pay a week before due date.

Pack_of_Cards

TF Premier
I have paid my icici Amazon pay credit card bill on 20 june 2024 thru hdfc billpay .Due date was 20 june 2024 but till payment has not been credited in my card account by icici and today I have been charged late payment fees.
Now What I have to do
Plz guide
If you intent to pay ICICI bill via HDFC billpay then do it at least a week before last date becoz ICICI card payments via HDFC billpay will take time to reflect. Call ICICI cust care and ask for reverse of charges saying you already paid bill.

agrprashant

TF Select
VIP Lounge
FinTech Founder/Co-Founder
Always pay by scanning qr code via upi which you can find in your card statement for that particular card. It will settled in 5 seconds.

You can request icici by showing invoice that you paid on 20th June itself & it was first delay due to late settlement by hdfc billpay, they may grant your request as first time exception & ask them not to report to cibil. Contact them soon.

Always pay a week before due date.

👉 Always pay a week before due date.​

If you intent to pay ICICI bill via HDFC billpay then do it at least a week before last date becoz ICICI card payments via HDFC billpay will take time to reflect. Call ICICI cust care and ask for reverse of charges saying you already paid bill.
I would worry more about DPD showing up in my CIBIL report than a minor late payment fees.

I had missed a payment by a day last year. On realising, I immediately paid it using issuer bank's own payment system so that it reflects in card account immediately (cashback/duplicate payment be damned). I also dropped an email requesting late payment not showing up in CIBIL.

Also, I think there's 3 days grace period after due date and if you pay within that, it's not reported.

ankitk962

TF Buzz
I have faced this issue twice. ICICI Bank takes around 3 working days when paid via third party apps. When there is weekend or bank holidays in between, the settlement gets delayed. I emailed the customer care team for reversal of late payment charges and they reversed it. This happened with payment of ICICI Bank credit card bill. For all the other cards, the payment date is taken and no late fee is charged.

Pack_of_Cards

TF Premier

👉 Always pay a week before due date.​

I would worry more about DPD showing up in my CIBIL report than a minor late payment fees.

I had missed a payment by a day last year. On realising, I immediately paid it using issuer bank's own payment system so that it reflects in card account immediately (cashback/duplicate payment be damned). I also dropped an email requesting late payment not showing up in CIBIL.

Also, I think there's 3 days grace period after due date and if you pay within that, it's not reported.
No they are not going to report it to CIBIL because of 2 reason.

1 Grace Period of 3 days
2 Payment date will be reflected on CC rather than settlement date for eg - 10 January is due date you paid bill on 9 January but transaction settled on 14 January still when you see your statement it will show 9 January.

So no worries even worst case scenario they report to CIBIL you can get that removed