• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI iMobile Pay app disabled

Recently I updated apps on my phone and iMobile Pay app was also updated. On my phone Developer options is enabled. After updating, got a message like disable your developer options to enjoy app. I immediately checked other apps as well - Axis, HDFC, SBI, IndusInd are working fine with developer options. Why only iMobile Pay? Anyone else also facing this issue?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230331-113348.png
    Screenshot_20230331-113348.png
    31.8 KB · Views: 32
Recently I updated apps on my phone and iMobile Pay app was also updated. On my phone Developer options is enabled. After updating, got a message like disable your developer options to enjoy app. I immediately checked other apps as well - Axis, HDFC, SBI, IndusInd are working fine with developer options. Why only iMobile Pay? Anyone else also facing this issue?
HDFC also won't allow with Developer Options afaik.. I think all these apps will check only once and not everytime, so just disable once

Such a short-sighed decision that ICICI has made in the name of security though it actually is more of a hurdle for the users than actual security issues. Being a developer myself, I keep developer options on all the time for various reason (including some nice touches such as making the animations quicker). This makes it impossible for me and others like me to use the iMobile application as we cannot keeping turning off developer options and turning it back on. As soon as you turn it off, all settings we have set in it get reset and we'll have to do it all over again every single time, multiple times a day. No other bank/financial application I use requires developer options to be disabled, and rightly so. Ideally they should have just put a warning and let the user choose to continue.

I wrote a strongly worded email to customer care and this is the reply I got

1680703152102.png

---

Now, I'm going to also write to headservicequality@icicibank.com and see. I urge all of you who are affected to also start sending them emails stating your displeasure about this stupid decision. Maybe then they'll revert it like how HDFC did in the past. Play store reviews with 1 star may also help. 🤞

Such a short-sighed decision that ICICI has made in the name of security though it actually is more of a hurdle for the users than actual security issues. Being a developer myself, I keep developer options on all the time for various reason (including some nice touches such as making the animations quicker). This makes it impossible for me and others like me to use the iMobile application as we cannot keeping turning off developer options and turning it back on. As soon as you turn it off, all settings we have set in it get reset and we'll have to do it all over again every single time, multiple times a day. No other bank/financial application I use requires developer options to be disabled, and rightly so. Ideally they should have just put a warning and let the user choose to continue.

I wrote a strongly worded email to customer care and this is the reply I got

View attachment 13557

---

Now, I'm going to also write to headservicequality@icicibank.com and see. I urge all of you who are affected to also start sending them emails stating your displeasure about this stupid decision. Maybe then they'll revert it like how HDFC did in the past. Play store reviews with 1 star may also help. 🤞
Thanks will write an email too, hopefully they revert it via next update. Also post on Twitter and tag them @niranjan94 - I will do the same

Last edited:
Back