• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI : No UPI alerts

Sak911

TF Buzz
I had opened an ICICI savings account recently (wealth) 1 month ago.

The account opening was done by an agent on a Tab.
Once everything was done , I downloaded and activated iMobile. I also added The ICICI account in my phone pe app as that is my goto UPI application.

now whenever I do any UPI transaction on my ICICI account , I am not getting sms alert (or even email alerts)

this is very Strange because

1. Debit card transaction : I get both email and sms alert
2. Net banking transaction : I get both email and sms alerts
3 . UPI through imobile/phone pe : 90% of times no alerts 😕
4 . All OTPs and all I get instantly.

what I have tried till now

1. Re registered my mobile no with ICICI
2. Reinstalled I MOBILE app
3. Called up customer care.
4. sent an email to headwealthmanagement@icicibank.com
5. Sent an email to customer care icici bank
6. Complained on twitter
7. Contacted my BM and RM

The customer care (and the BM) are saying that there is no problem from their side. They even sent me a list in email regarding sms triggered to my number(sorted according to date) . They are saying that the problem is with my provider/e-sim/iPhone etc and to contact my service provider !

Why do I call Jio and say, “I am not getting ICICI alerts 🤯
That will be really dumb. As My same no (Jio) is also given for my other account in SBI and Union and. Never faced any problem regarding Upi Alerts.

I think the fault lies somewhere else as I am getting all other sms and alerts other then UPI.

Now I have completely run out of ideas.

Maybe someone here has faced a similar problem and can co relate.

I had opened an ICICI savings account recently (wealth) 1 month ago.

The account opening was done by an agent on a Tab.
Once everything was done , I downloaded and activated iMobile. I also added The ICICI account in my phone pe app as that is my goto UPI application.

now whenever I do any UPI transaction on my ICICI account , I am not getting sms alert (or even email alerts)

this is very Strange because

1. Debit card transaction : I get both email and sms alert
2. Net banking transaction : I get both email and sms alerts
3 . UPI through imobile/phone pe : 90% of times no alerts 😕
4 . All OTPs and all I get instantly.

what I have tried till now

1. Re registered my mobile no with ICICI
2. Reinstalled I MOBILE app
3. Called up customer care.
4. sent an email to headwealthmanagement@icicibank.com
5. Sent an email to customer care icici bank
6. Complained on twitter
7. Contacted my BM and RM

The customer care (and the BM) are saying that there is no problem from their side. They even sent me a list in email regarding sms triggered to my number(sorted according to date) . They are saying that the problem is with my provider/e-sim/iPhone etc and to contact my service provider !

Why do I call Jio and say, “I am not getting ICICI alerts 🤯
That will be really dumb. As My same no (Jio) is also given for my other account in SBI and Union and. Never faced any problem regarding Upi Alerts.

I think the fault lies somewhere else as I am getting all other sms and alerts other then UPI.

Now I have completely run out of ideas.

Maybe someone here has faced a similar problem and can co relate.
And I receive the UPI sms alert seamlessly, even though I have deactivated the SMS alert facility 😂

Last edited:
Yes that problem is there from June 2022, i complained via twitter. Got a call from savings account department saying that icici stopped sending txn messages for UPI txns under 100rs..

I also said i didn't recieve for txns above 100rs, but they said system has sent message and it's network problem from your end .

Then i stopped using ICICI for txns..

Yes that problem is there from June 2022, i complained via twitter. Got a call from savings account department saying that icici stopped sending txn messages for UPI txns under 100rs..

I also said i didn't recieve for txns above 100rs, but they said system has sent message and it's network problem from your end .

Then i stopped using ICICI for txns..

I don’t get UPI alerts regardless of transaction amount whether it is 20 or 20000. I have tried both.

Very irritating. I don’t want to close this account as this is otherwise a very nice account but no UPI alerts is a deal breaker.

For those who are asking. I paid 5 lakhs as initial deposit. They were asking for 6. But I told them to open a 25k account. Then they came to 5.

Soon they will start charging for SMS charges for UPI to reach faster, Free is always slow :D

Better servers/services requires paid system

Few years back there was no wait time for system maintenance... but now you know ( Leave SBI aside)

Damn. It is November and the problem still exists.

No UPI alerts 90% of the times.
Tried all the possible resolution and complain mechanism except the RBI perhaps.

No alerts for UPI debits is a potential security fail in case of a hack into your account.

There is a glimmer of hope however. Yeh branch manager has suggested giving an alternate No and seeing if the problem gets solved.

Back