• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

higher charges for IDFC DC rewards redemption

Devaluation is what I mentioned, maximum points that can be redeemed is 9966 in one transaction, rest to be paid via IDFC CC or netbanking. It was not allowing me to redeem more points today, I need to check when it opens up the redemption again for me!!
Bhaiyya apke pass redeemable points 10k hai kya?. Bcoz the redeemable points are different than total points.

No one seems to have redeemed more than 9966 points in one transaction and in subsequent transactions in a day, hence my claim stands. I am unable to redeem more points aven after 25 hours so this seems to be a harsh redemption limit! It is not about voucher denominations but about points redemption limit.

No one seems to have redeemed more than 9966 points in one transaction and in subsequent transactions in a day, hence my claim stands. I am unable to redeem more points aven after 25 hours so this seems to be a harsh redemption limit! It is not about voucher denominations but about points redemption limit.
Its really bad right then . ... approx 120 rs charges for every 2500 rs redemption ?

IDFC points can be redeemed only 14 days after crediting. This is apart from the 14 days time period for crediting points. The First Rewards portal shows two things "Available Balance" and "Redeemable Balance".

My available balance is 20k and Redeemable Balance is 16k. I am very well able to redeem 10k points for Rs 500 * 5 Amazon vouchers.

@vaibhav111 please mark this as solution to avoid confusion. Or delete this thread to avoid unnecessary panic.

Its really bad right then . ... approx 120 rs charges for every 2500 rs redemption ?
Btw has anyone been charged with ₹99+GST?

I have done multiple redemptions no charges faced till now. August '23 to May'24 I was having select and currently holding Wealth.

Redemption as follows

Sep 25, 2023, 1:09:40 PM - ₹1000
Jun 21, 2024, 12:35:22 PM - ₹5000
Jun 28, 2024, 4:37:21 PM - ₹5000
Jul 5, 2024, 10:07:45 PM - ₹5000
Sep 5, 2024, 4:40:29 PM - ₹5000

Thanks for clarifying the 14 day rule. However, the limit of Rs 500 *5 vouchers for the most useful brands (Amazon Pay, Amazon Shopping and Flipkart stays). If you spend Rs 118 for redemption of 2,500 worth of vouchers, this is a tax of almost 4.72% now! Not to mention the inconvenience of having to redeem and add Rs 500 vouchers.

Thanks for clarifying the 14 day rule. However, the limit of Rs 500 *5 vouchers for the most useful brands (Amazon Pay, Amazon Shopping and Flipkart stays). If you spend Rs 118 for redemption of 2,500 worth of vouchers, this is a tax of almost 4.72% now! Not to mention the inconvenience of having to redeem and add Rs 500 vouchers.
OP.. problem solved? Right bro? I can instead change title and add solved instead of deleting the thread.

Back