• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

If I want to use my DCB Internationally, do I need to enable international roaming on my primary simcard (to receive OTPs)?

technology

TF Buzz
I am planning to use my DCB in France, Switzerland. Do I need to enable international roaming OR will the card work without OTP internationally?

Vodafone international roaming rates are sky high like 3000 rupees for 10 days!

I am planning to use my DCB in France, Switzerland. Do I need to enable international roaming OR will the card work without OTP internationally?

Vodafone international roaming rates are sky high like 3000 rupees for 10 days!
You dont need to buy roaming packs, just enable international roaming by calling customer care if its not possible via app/website.

Swipe and pay never requires OTP, just PIN! In some countries, you dont even need to input PIN.

You dont need to buy roaming packs, just enable international roaming by calling customer care if its not possible via app/website.

Swipe and pay never requires OTP, just PIN! In some countries, you dont even need to input PIN.
I see. Then what is the use of enabling International Roaming?

Usage in POS is just the same all over world. You need activate international transactions for credit card. Not phone number.
OK, I have already enabled DCB card's international transactions. But I was thinking that after every swipe, I will receive OTP on my primary mobile number (like we receive in India).

OK, I have already enabled DCB card's international transactions. But I was thinking that after every swipe, I will receive OTP on my primary mobile number (like we receive in India).
Are you sure you're receiving OTP when you swipe your card in India in shops? I don't know about it. I just use PIN.

Unrelated, Diners has poor acceptance in France and Swiss. Hope you have another card or forex as backup.

Are you sure you're receiving OTP when you swipe your card in India in shops? I don't know about it. I just use PIN.

Unrelated, Diners has poor acceptance in France and Swiss. Hope you have another card or forex as backup.
You are right, OTP was for online & not POS I think (havent done many POS recently). Thanks for 2nd point - very helpful, I was thinking that I will spend everything on DCB!! I have kept some forex as backup.

Also, I will be traveling via Turkish Airlines. I wanted to add some airmiles by linking my Vistara Frequent Flyer account. But it appears Club Vistara is not part of any international frequent flyer program (and does not appear in drop down selection of Turkish airlines). I can see AirIndia, Singapore airlines, other international companies. Any idea if I can use my Club Vistara FFP here?

Back