• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Incorrect Credit Reporting of Closed Credit Card by Scepia

sachinvenga

TF Select
Hello everyone,

I’m dealing with an issue where Scepia incorrectly reported my closed credit card as active with a balance, affecting my credit score.

I opened the account in early October 2023, with the first bill expected on 20th October. I made transactions on the 16th and 19th to qualify for free unlimited airport lounge access. However, on the evening of 19th October, I received my first invoice, which didn’t include my 19th October transactions.

I called customer care to ask why the billing date was changed without my knowledge, but didn’t get satisfactory answers. Frustrated, I closed the card on 24th October, with confirmation that it was closed in good standing. They didn’t reported my account to any credit bureaus back then.

Now, after one year they reported on 30 June 2024 that my credit card account was opened and was active and closed on 21 June 2024 and outstanding amount of ₹200.

Today I’ve contacted Scepia to correct this, but I’m wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue? Any tips on getting this resolved quickly?

Thanks!

Last edited:
INFO.. Did you know (for future reference purpose, since I don't want you to close other cards with same reason) that if transaction performed 1 or 2 days before statement generation date, it may or may not include in that statement. Its bank decision to include transactions or not that performed in last 2 days. But they shouldn't charge any interest for those unbilled transactions.

So, its quite common and next time, do not close it for this reason because all banks do that (you may not experienced yet, might try again this time for all banks to get the general idea by purchasing before statement date and see whether they included or not).

-------------

now, if you have proofs that says 'your card closed (either noc or email from bank)' and 'no pending dues mentioned on that closer letter'.. start checking with scapia with those proofs and get it corrected or open ombundsman complaint after 30 days to resolve the matter.

And, again it won't be resolved quickly but when its done in your favour, you won't see late payment shown in your report, till then it present.

INFO.. Did you know (for future reference purpose, since I don't want you to close other cards with same reason) that if transaction performed 1 or 2 days before statement generation date, it may or may not include in that statement. Its bank decision to include transactions or not that performed in last 2 days. But they shouldn't charge any interest for those unbilled transactions.

So, its quite common and next time, do not close it for this reason because all banks do that (you may not experienced yet, might try again this time for all banks to get the general idea by purchasing before statement date and see whether they included or not).

-------------

now, if you have proofs that says 'your card closed (either noc or email from bank)' and 'no pending dues mentioned on that closer letter'.. start checking with scapia with those proofs and get it corrected or open ombundsman complaint after 30 days to resolve the matter.

And, again it won't be resolved quickly but when its done in your favour, you won't see late payment shown in your report, till then it present.
A good response :raising-hands:

Scapia response after dispute raised with Cibil and others.-

“ We are writing to inform you regarding the issue with your Credit Report. The incorrect data has been suppressed and the correct details will reflect by 16 Aug, 2024.

Ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of our services is of utmost importance to us. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience or concern this delay may have caused you.”

Back