• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Incorrect name on Credit Card

Predator

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi
My two credit cards (HDFC and IndusInd) have the wrong name printed on them. They have added last name- Kumar, extra. But on documents, I have only my first name only. I contacted HDFC, they asked me to fill form and courier it to them.
I was wondering Is it necessary to do this exercise? I can simply leave the name as it is.

Could it affect me in any way?

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Hi
My two credit cards (HDFC and IndusInd) have the wrong name printed on them. They have added last name- Kumar, extra. But on documents, I have only my first name only. I contacted HDFC, they asked me to fill form and courier it to them.
I was wondering Is it necessary to do this exercise? I can simply leave the name as it is.

Could it affect me in any way?
name on card doesn't actually matter... check your on bank documents, like statement, on their portal etc.

SMS91

TF Buzz
SBI credit card was printed with my name missing one initial. For example, my name is Raju A B, but on the card and app, it only shows Raju B. However, the letter that came with the credit card displays my full name, Raju A B, along with the address. When filling out the form, I selected 'Raju' as the first name, 'A' as the middle name, and 'B' as the last name. If I request SBI to replace the card with the full name, will they allow the request, or will they ask for all documents again for name correction? Alternatively, if I leave it like this, will there be any problem applying for another SBI card in the future?