• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

INDUSIND BANK KEEPS ON REJECTING CREDIT CARD APPLICATION

AKHIL SP

TF Buzz
HI FOLKS,
Last year I opened a savings account ( 0 balance) DELIGHT account in INDUSIND bank. After opening the account I saw a credit card offer , so I applied the card and the application was rejected instantly. There was no credit score check from bank. After 3 months I applied the card again because the same offer was still there and unfortunately that application was also rejected instantly(no credit score check). but after 3 day a guy from the bank called me and asked me to apply only after 6 months other wise same result will occur. so waited for more than 180 days and tried again last week but no change , the application still rejected. so I decided to call customer care and I asked the representative about the reason and after 3-4 mins of checking he told me that the application was rejected due to BOUNDARY CHECK FAILURE. And I confirm with the bank that my pincode is serviceable. Actually the customer representative had no clue why my application was rejected. He asked me to send an e-mail to Indusind bank regarding the matter.
what's exactly a BOUNDARY CHECK means?

It looks like the details you might have provided exceeded the limit they can process in the backend system. Does any info that you provide are long..?

For ex: Suppose the address field allow 40 characters(including spaces, comma's etc) and if you entered 50 characters it would be rejected. Although Banks generally put a limit and does not allow you to get over that limit in online applications, maybe Indusind doesn't do that..? Try shortening all the details except the name and apply..

Boundary check sounds like a software issue.
Am not a software dev, so could it be a Finacle/software temporary issue ?

Edit : above answer makes sense

It looks like the details you might have provided exceeded the limit they can process in the backend system. Does any info that you provide are long..?

For ex: Suppose the address field allow 40 characters(including spaces, comma's etc) and if you entered 50 characters it would be rejected. Although Banks generally put a limit and does not allow you to get over that limit in online applications, maybe Indusind doesn't do that..? Try shortening all the details except the name and apply..
Actually when I entered the OTP ,my name and details was auto fetched as I have account and I wasn't able to edit the details. The only thing I was able to edit was my DOB , gender , nationality. After that the application didn't go through the next page, it was rejected.

Actually when I entered the OTP ,my name and details was auto fetched as I have account and I wasn't able to edit the details. The only thing I was able to edit was my DOB , gender , nationality. After that the application didn't go through the next page, it was rejected.
oh, one thing about indusind is if you call customer care, they can raise a service request for the backend team to check.. maybe you can do that.. specifically ask them to create a ticket for the backend team and ask for a callback from their backend team. I have done this in the past.

In the meantime, ask them by email what this exactly means and how to resolve this.. send mail to priority.care@indusind.com.. Either they will reply or they won't.. raise it to their nodal mail ID after 15 days and after a month create a ticket to rbi ombudsman and attach above 2 emails as proof. Then you would surely get a call from their pno office and they would investigate and tell you what's going on..

I know it's a lot to do but seeing that you have been at this for almost 9 months, would suggest following the above method to get some concrete answers. Hope this helps :)

I am in the same boat as you. Did you find any solution.??
Not yet.
oh, one thing about indusind is if you call customer care, they can raise a service request for the backend team to check.. maybe you can do that.. specifically ask them to create a ticket for the backend team and ask for a callback from their backend team. I have done this in the past.

In the meantime, ask them by email what this exactly means and how to resolve this.. send mail to priority.care@indusind.com.. Either they will reply or they won't.. raise it to their nodal mail ID after 15 days and after a month create a ticket to rbi ombudsman and attach above 2 emails as proof. Then you would surely get a call from their pno office and they would investigate and tell you what's going on..

I know it's a lot to do but seeing that you have been at this for almost 9 months, would suggest following the above method to get some concrete answers. Hope this helps :)
Yes thanks a lot.. I have already mailed them regarding the issue to premium.care@indusind.com . Will wait for 2 more days. If there is no reply then I will do like you said. ☺️

Back