• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

[IndusInd Exclusive] Can we have both MC and Visa variant DC?

technonifo

TF Buzz
Hello,
I opened Indus Ind exclusive with 2L MAB (for international ATM withdrawls), I received Mastercard DC by default.

1. In the app, i see an option to upgrade it to Visa Signature. If I do that, will my old Mastercard DC be deactivated or both will be active?
2. Which is better - VISA or MC for exchange rates if I will spend in dollars, IDR etc.

Hello,
I opened Indus Ind exclusive with 2L MAB (for international ATM withdrawls), I received Mastercard DC by default.

1. In the app, i see an option to upgrade it to Visa Signature. If I do that, will my old Mastercard DC be deactivated or both will be active?
2. Which is better - VISA or MC for exchange rates if I will spend in dollars, IDR etc.
I too have the same query, i have a Visa Signature. Earlier i got a basic martercard along with insta kit, which i have already hotlisted.

Yes you can have both.
Try calling and asking for the other variant and ask them to keep both active.
In case of no luck over phone, drop an email the exclusive email handle. You might need to go little back and forth with multiple requests since they don't approve it easily. Keep trying and escalating in case they deny.

Call the customer care at midnight around 1 AM & tell them that you need DC with Visa variant as you’re planning for a trip to foreign next months so need for this purpose in case of network failure of Master card, want the Visa variant of DC. Hope you will get it, & keep trying after 5-10 minutes if customer care decline your request, someone will definitely accept your request.

Looks like it is also possible from the branch. I have read the experience in this forum, that your RM can see the possible cards and he can issue the second debit card.

Looks like it is also possible from the branch. I have read the experience in this forum, that your RM can see the possible cards and he can issue the second debit card.
In my experience, RM didn't do anything at all. I had better experience going to the branch and applying from there. OP was lucky he got issued MC World card at first. So second card can be applied from mobile app itself. I had got Visa Sig card at first. So it wasn't giving me option to apply for MC World through the app.

Hello,

Yes, I have both and both are active. No charges for both.

2 scenarios:

1. If you got Exclusive Mastercard DC with welcome kit, then simply apply for a new VISA Signature DC from App's side menu>Apply Now>Debit Card. This is not an upgrade, but a request for another DC.

2. For someone who got Visa Signature DC with welcome kit, the process is a bit different. Because Mastercard DC is not available to apply from app, we need to it apply from calling customer care. KEEP IT IN MIND...NOW THEY ARE NOT ISSUING SECOND DEBIT CARD. No matter what you say, at what time you call (I tried for a week, called different times at day, night, 1am, 3am, 5am all but same response). They will say that they need to hotlist the first DC to apply for second DC. Simply accept that. And Let Visa DC to disappear and MC to appear in your app. Then follow scenario 1 to apply for new Visa Signature DC.

2 scenarios:

1. If you got Exclusive Mastercard DC with welcome kit, then simply apply for a new VISA Signature DC from App's side menu>Apply Now>Debit Card. This is not an upgrade, but a request for another DC.

2. For someone who got Visa Signature DC with welcome kit, the process is a bit different. Because Mastercard DC is not available to apply from app, we need to it apply from calling customer care. KEEP IT IN MIND...NOW THEY ARE NOT ISSUING SECOND DEBIT CARD. No matter what you say, at what time you call (I tried for a week, called different times at day, night, 1am, 3am, 5am all but same response). They will say that they need to hotlist the first DC to apply for second DC. Simply accept that. And Let Visa DC to disappear and MC to appear in your app. Then follow scenario 1 to apply for new Visa Signature DC.
Thanks for sharing.

What's the difference between both the cards? Also by having both the cards, are there any benefit (s) get doubled? Things like lounge access...

2 scenarios:

Will there be any charges for case 2? I assume yes, since it might be treated as replacement

Back