• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia & DCB metal have same reward rate for a particular kind of spend

So I was just calculating the reward rate of Infinia vs DCB Metal.
Infinia does not have quarterly milestone of 4L - present in DCBM.

Most of the other things are same across both cards - except may be Infinia has higher SmartBuy limits.

This is based on the kind of spends I myself do.

View attachment 72776
Also the accelerated RPs on gyftr is 5x for infinia and 3x for dcb

So I was just calculating the reward rate of Infinia vs DCB Metal.
Infinia does not have quarterly milestone of 4L - present in DCBM.

Most of the other things are same across both cards - except may be Infinia has higher SmartBuy limits.

This is based on the kind of spends I myself do.

View attachment 72776
And then there is a category of folks who may not spend enough in the year to get fee waiver.
DCBM won't give reward points in return. So you pay 10000 + GST (correct?)

Infinia will give back 12500 RPs for the fee, so you effectively pay only GST of 2250

True, it all depends upon spending on smartbuy otherwise both have same base rewards.
One of the best thing about infinia is its on Visa(which is accepted everywhere) vs diners network since I have trouble on certain merchants spends where dcb is not accepted.

Yes I have faced acceptance issues - but not so often. I use it offline at a lot of places - usual local shops, etc. Online some small websites I've faced issue - but usually they end up accepting Amazon Pay - so Amazon Pay voucher works.

Easiest way to get dcb is?
Btw how you all got dcb?

I had diners privilege since 2 years & they gave me FYF offer earlier this year for DCB Metal - although when I got the offer I wasn't spending much on the privilege.

Also the accelerated RPs on gyftr is 5x for infinia and 3x for dcb

The formula considers it. That's the point of this thread - even though the diff is 2x, DCB Metal is more or less the same as Infinia provided one doesn't spend a lot on vouchers.

And then there is a category of folks who may not spend enough in the year to get fee waiver.
DCBM won't give reward points in return. So you pay 10000 + GST (correct?)

Infinia will give back 12500 RPs for the fee, so you effectively pay only GST of 2250

125000 Renewal benefit!!!! is a USP for infinia

Yes - that is definitely an issue. Infinia works for low spenders too.

Never did anything other than Savings & FD - despite RM's multiple attempts to sell me ULIPs.
You are lucky that you got this card without the required spend for the upgrade.That is the problem with HDFC,it's very inconsistent in its policy to issue and upgrade credit cards.I have DCP since 4 years and I spent more than 5.5 lakhs in 5 months in the hope of getting DCB.I am a Preferred banking customer and I have FDs around 10 lakhs.My CL is 4.8 lakhs and after a lot of escalations,they denied the upgrade saying the minimum CL for upgrade to DCB is 5 lakhs,I mentioned that I did not receive any CL enhancement since the last 3 years,despite my spending on DCP.I asked for CL enhancement by submitting my ITR ( which is around 15 lakhs),they denied CL enhancement and upgrade,saying this is their final answer.
I am fed up with HDFC ,I am done with HDFC cards.I am not going to chase them for credit card upgrade,I would rather focus on the cards I have and spend on them.There is no point in getting stressed out about the 2 or 3 percent difference in the rewards we get,when you spend more than 13 lakhs on credit cards each year.

You are lucky that you got this card without the required spend for the upgrade.That is the problem with HDFC,it's very inconsistent in its policy to issue and upgrade credit cards.I have DCP since 4 years and I spent more than 5.5 lakhs in 5 months in the hope of getting DCB.I am a Preferred banking customer and I have FDs around 10 lakhs.My CL is 4.8 lakhs and after a lot of escalations,they denied the upgrade saying the minimum CL for upgrade to DCB is 5 lakhs,I mentioned that I did not receive any CL enhancement since the last 3 years,despite my spending on DCP.I asked for CL enhancement by submitting my ITR ( which is around 15 lakhs),they denied CL enhancement and upgrade,saying this is their final answer.
I am fed up with HDFC ,I am done with HDFC cards.I am not going to chase them for credit card upgrade,I would rather focus on the cards I have and spend on them.There is no point in getting stressed out about the 2 or 3 percent difference in the rewards we get,when you spend more than 13 lakhs on credit cards each year.
HDFC is like that. Don't chase them. Let them come for you. It is a different matter that sometimes it may be years before they come for you!

Last edited:

Submitting ITR? I guess you are not a salaried person.
My savings with HDFC was a salary account for ~2 years; just ~2 months before this offered appeared in my netbanking I had exited the job.
That is possibly the game changer in my case. 🤷

Back