• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia Priority Pass

DS1205

TF Neo
Hey guys,
Wanted your guidance on a peculiar problem that I have been facing with Priority Pass over the last 12 months or so. So, both me and wifey have 2 priority passes attached to our and a family members Infinia so have unlimited lounge access. As we travel abroad with our 2 kids (7 and 5) atleast 2-3 times a year. Pre-Covid, we used to present our 4 Priority pass (which are obviously in my and wifey’s names) and our boarding pass to gain access to any lounge in India or abroad. However, post COVID, most lounges abroad, refuse entry saying we can’t swipe two priority passes with the same name at the same time(even though they have different numbers) or that the name on the priority pass doesn’t match with the name on the boarding pass. Either ways we aren’t able to access the lounge. Anyone else facing such an issue and is there a way out? Thanks in advance

PS: Face no such issues in lounges in India who accept the 4 cards and the 4 boarding passes.

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
Hey guys,
Wanted your guidance on a peculiar problem that I have been facing with Priority Pass over the last 12 months or so. So, both me and wifey have 2 priority passes attached to our and a family members Infinia so have unlimited lounge access. As we travel abroad with our 2 kids (7 and 5) atleast 2-3 times a year. Pre-Covid, we used to present our 4 Priority pass (which are obviously in my and wifey’s names) and our boarding pass to gain access to any lounge in India or abroad. However, post COVID, most lounges abroad, refuse entry saying we can’t swipe two priority passes with the same name at the same time(even though they have different numbers) or that the name on the priority pass doesn’t match with the name on the boarding pass. Either ways we aren’t able to access the lounge. Anyone else facing such an issue and is there a way out? Thanks in advance

PS: Face no such issues in lounges in India who accept the 4 cards and the 4 boarding passes.
I don't understand how that was a problem. I've gained access several times with add-on PP(with the same no as the primary card). You should've been allowed even if the numbers are the same on all the PP. Was the name on your add-on PP the same as that on the boarding pass or did you use someone else's PP to gain access? Because they don't care about the number but would verify if the name on the PP corresponds to the boarding pass of the individual.
Edit: For your kids, the entry would be at the discretion of the staff at the lounge. Sometimes, they will allow them to accompany you without any charge, sometimes they may swipe your other PP, and sometimes you need to pay or use a PP that allows guest access.

Last edited:

mgforce

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Thats the only issue with Infinia PP, no free guest access and no add on for kids so can’t get PP in their name. Magnus PP comes handy here as it has 8 free guest access.
Wow - was not aware. Same for Magnus LTF version too I guess?

Thomas244

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Yes use the magnus guest access as sparingly as u can. I used one guest access for 14 year child in nepal they allowed second child 11yrs free. This is where magnus pp scores over infinia

nrj1007

TF Premier
Hey guys,

You need Axis Magnus. It will give you 8 guest lounge access.

nithin1992

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Even Axis Atlas will also give you guest access. Is easier to get and is probably a better companion card with Infinia

DS1205

TF Neo
I don't understand how that was a problem. I've gained access several times with add-on PP(with the same no as the primary card). You should've been allowed even if the numbers are the same on all the PP. Was the name on your add-on PP the same as that on the boarding pass or did you use someone else's PP to gain access? Because they don't care about the number but would verify if the name on the PP corresponds to the boarding pass of the individual.
Edit: For your kids, the entry would be at the discretion of the staff at the lounge. Sometimes, they will allow them to accompany you without any charge, sometimes they may swipe your other PP, and sometimes you need to pay or use a PP that allows guest access.
Thanks! That’s the issue, with the kids not getting issued add on PP, the names on the PP and the boarding pass don’t match which gives them the option to deny access. Other than getting an Axis Magnus, any chance there is a solution for this?

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I have same situation as you. 2 Adults and 2 Kids travelling. What I have done is following:

1. Infinia in my name and add on in Wife's name
2. Axis Magnus with my surname and only initial letter of my first name (which happens to be initial letter of my one of the Kids name also)

I swipe two Infinia PPs (me and wife) + 1 Magnus PP (for elder kid with same name initial) with other kid as guest on this. This is the only option. Many international lounges I visited did not allow free Kids unless Kid was below 2 years

chasni

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I have same situation as you. 2 Adults and 2 Kids travelling. What I have done is following:

1. Infinia in my name and add on in Wife's name
2. Axis Magnus with my surname and only initial letter of my first name (which happens to be initial letter of my one of the Kids name also)

I swipe two Infinia PPs (me and wife) + 1 Magnus PP (for elder kid with same name initial) with other kid as guest on this. This is the only option. Many international lounges I visited did not allow free Kids unless Kid was below 2 years
Now, I need to rename my kid. LOL

puneri.jaws

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hey guys,

PS: Face no such issues in lounges in India who accept the 4 cards and the 4 boarding passes
They tend to match the name in the boarding pass with the name in the priority pass.
Workarounds :
1. Get a credit card with first name as initials. Eg. If your name is Akshay Gupta, get A Gupta. If your kid has the same initials they should be able to acess using the priority pass.
2. Get CC which have guest entry enabled. Eg Magnus , Reserve,. If you travel Internationally frequently, you can get the magnus which as 8 guest access.

basant

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
They tend to match the name in the boarding pass with the name in the priority pass.
Workarounds :
1. Get a credit card with first name as initials. Eg. If your name is Akshay Gupta, get A Gupta. If your kid has the same initials they should be able to acess using the priority pass.
2. Get CC which have guest entry enabled. Eg Magnus , Reserve,. If you travel Internationally frequently, you can get the magnus which as 8 guest access.
Would it be better if we take cards only on surnames like gupta on all cards