• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Insurance Payment for HDFC Life using Amazon Pay as merchant on HDFC Billpay Website

I have a upcoming insurance premium with HDFC Life, I have reached my limit of Gift Voucher load through Amazon using my cashback card. I tried paying through Hfc bill payment portal through Amazon Pay wallet for the remaining amount it gives me option of credit card on furnishing the details, I see a merchant named "amazon in" How much cashback can I get in this scenario please help in the regard. Thank you anyone with prior experience is this Merchant name treated as Shopping Or Wallet load.

I have a upcoming insurance premium with HDFC Life, I have reached my limit of Gift Voucher load through Amazon using my cashback card. I tried paying through Hfc bill payment portal through Amazon Pay wallet for the remaining amount it gives me option of credit card on furnishing the details, I see a merchant named "amazon in" How much cashback can I get in this scenario please help in the regard. Thank you anyone with prior experience is this Merchant name treated as Shopping Or Wallet load.
Mostly it will tagged as an Insurance payment and if money is loaded in Amazon wallet first and then the transaction is done then it will be marked as a wallet load. As you already saw merchant "Amazon", the later will be the case. And in both cases, SBI does not give any cashback. Others can give their opinion.

Mostly it will tagged as an Insurance payment and if money is loaded in Amazon wallet first and then the transaction is done then it will be marked as a wallet load. As you already saw merchant "Amazon", the later will be the case. And in both cases, SBI does not give any cashback. Others can give their opinion.
Thank you, I guess that is the only logical explanation

Can I use Apay ICICI for 2% then? As payment would go to Amazon pay and they have 2% rewards there

i mean....do you have to add money in amazon pay wallet and then pay premium or use amazon pay as payment option and use apay card when paying premium thru that option?
directly use your credit card but that option might not show bcz the payment is not supported. So you can pay directly from hdfc life site

i mean....do you have to add money in amazon pay wallet and then pay premium or use amazon pay as payment option and use apay card when paying premium thru that option?
You directly cannot get the 2% by paying with Apay ICICI, since CC is not allowed for Insurance premium via Apay. You can get Amazon Gift Voucher in Amazon using the Apay ICICI card, it gives 2% cashback. Then you can use the voucher to load your Apay wallet to pay insurance.

I dont think so, Amazon Pay does not allow paying for insurance using Credit Card https://www.amazon.in/gp/help/custo...0D7__SECTION_5DC286F8210A4859874449EECEC8910C

You can directly pay in the insurer's site, for 1% CB via Amazon Pay ICICI card. Do lookout for any convenience fee levied by the payment gateway, which could reduce the net cashback.
Actually on HDFC website they have amazon pay as payment method and when I select it there is option to pay remaining with credit card on Amazon Pay PayU Gateway so there would I get 2%

Actually on HDFC website they have amazon pay as payment method and when I select it there is option to pay remaining with credit card on Amazon Pay PayU Gateway so there would I get 2%
Cool, if Amazon Pay is allowed in the insurer's site, and Apay allows CC, then it should fetch the 2% cashback.

Please advise if it worked.
I too got an insurance payment with hdfc life.
Yes you get 2% when you go to HDFC life - Fetch bill - Go to pay - Select Amazon Pay Balance as method - Pay from Card to Amazon. For better returns you should load vouchers with Millenia or cashback to apay wallet and then pay with wallet balance directly through Amazon or via HDFC selecting apay as payment method

Back