• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

interest rate: short term FD vs normal savings account

ltf4ever

TF Legend
hdfc savings account interest rate is 3%. FD interest rate is also 3% for FDs booked upto 30 days.

I was wondering whether there was any particular advantage and situations in which people would make a 30 days or less FD.

One possible reason can be to curb unnecessary expenditure since breaking fd before maturity comes at a cost so it makes people think twice before spending.

However even I don't know why banks provide option to create fds for such short duration

One possible reason can be to curb unnecessary expenditure since breaking fd before maturity comes at a cost so it makes people think twice before spending.

However even I don't know why banks provide option to create fds for such short duration
I could think of, from the top of my mind:
1) tax implications, if there is any tax saving on fd
2) for current account holders an option to earn some interest, as current account does not pay out interest.

hdfc savings account interest rate is 3%. FD interest rate is also 3% for FDs booked upto 30 days.

I was wondering whether there was any particular advantage and situations in which people would make a 30 days or less FD.
i did many times just by the compulsion by RM at an evening when she misses the target haha
mostly i forget that after providing FD no to her....post 30days it will be credited to account.
Maybe that slab kept for helping their employees to meet target lol

Back