• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

International destinations good for June - July? I can give 7-10 days. Solo travel.

Batman

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I want to go on a trip in next 2-3 weeks. Which international destinations are good to visit in June/July? I'll likely travel solo.

Interests: I like adventure, history/archaeology, natural parks, beaches. I don't like concrete infra, but I don't mind it.

Backup plan: Within India, I haven't visited NE yet so I can cover that.

Also, what cards/websites work well for this trip? I think I can use DCB for flight tickets.

Spain/Italy is nice during summers.

I am thinking about Shillong too.

Axis atlas or easemytrip seems like an underated card for travel bookings.
Axis Atlas is good suggestion. I have an ongoing battle with Axis anyway. Maybe I can get it FYF. I gotta try.
Or is this card better with fee paid?

Italy/Spain: I have been to Italy (some parts). For both Italy and Spain, I want to go with a spouse in future. Not worth the travel alone.

It's the best season to visit Bali since it is the middle of the dry season, but it will also be the most crowded as it is peak season.

It's the best season to visit Bali since it is the middle of the dry season, but it will also be the most crowded as it is peak season.
Thank you. Yes, a friend suggested Bali as well. I don't mind the crowd - I'll be solo so I can walk around to find peaceful places.

Bali doesn't have a direct flight, so I can maybe get a 48 hour layover in KL and cover the city. Malaysia is visa free until december, so that seems like an added bonus.

How many days would you suggest this Bali/Indonesia trip to be? I like adventures, beaches, archaeology.

Thank you. Yes, a friend suggested Bali as well. I don't mind the crowd - I'll be solo so I can walk around to find peaceful places.

Bali doesn't have a direct flight, so I can maybe get a 48 hour layover in KL and cover the city. Malaysia is visa free until december, so that seems like an added bonus.

How many days would you suggest this Bali/Indonesia trip to be? I like adventures, beaches, archaeology.

Indigo has recently started a direct flight from Bangalore. I was in Bali in May and had traveled from Mumbai though, and had taken Thai Airways with a layover in Bangkok. Singapore Airlines is another good option.

My itinerary was for 15 days and covered the island of Bali plus a few nearby islands as well
  • 1st day - Sanur (arrival)
  • 2nd-4th day - Gili Trawangan
  • 5th-7th day - Lombok
  • 8th - 11th day - Ubud
  • 12th - 14th day - Nusa Lembongan
  • 15th day - Nusa Dua (stayed close to the airport)
  • 16th day - departed in the afternoon
You will find plenty of beaches and a lot of temples especially near the Ubud area in mainland Bali. If you know how to ride a two wheeler it is fairly easy and inexpensive to rent one there, but keep in mind you will need to take an International Driving Permit (IDP) from your local RTO, assuming you have an existing license that covers two wheelers

We did not cover other places (maybe a separate trip) but there are other options like Yogyakarta, Sumatra, Java etc that you can also explore. As for trip length my personal preference is for it to be as long as possible so I have enough time to explore and can cover more ground. You will have enough to do for 10 days.

You will have enough to do for 10 days.
Thank you for this detailed write up.

OH my God, I just did a deep dive into Indonesia and there's a whole lot to do - and I don't want to miss any of it. This is going to be a shockingly long and diverse trip if I choose to do it.

Can you also please comment on the expenses per day? I've checked flight prices, no visa needed. I can stay in hostel dorms OR private rooms, depending on how I feel that day.

And yes, I drive well and I like to drive. IDP shouldn't be an issue.

Thank you for this detailed write up.

OH my God, I just did a deep dive into Indonesia and there's a whole lot to do - and I don't want to miss any of it. This is going to be a shockingly long and diverse trip if I choose to do it.

Can you also please comment on the expenses per day? I've checked flight prices, no visa needed. I can stay in hostel dorms OR private rooms, depending on how I feel that day.

And yes, I drive well and I like to drive. IDP shouldn't be an issue.

Estimated trip expenses
  1. Flight Tickets: About Rs 60k round trip on Thai Airways from Mumbai via Bangkok. You can probably get tickets that are 10-15k less depending on location, but I usually prefer certain airlines for comfort reasons
  2. Stay Cost: Worked out to about Rs 2500 per day per person. We stayed in villas / cottages mostly, you can probably find something lower than this, there are stays for every budget
  3. Visa cost:~Rs 2700
  4. International Sim: ~Rs 2000
  5. Food: Rs 500-1000 per meal for a mid range restaurant meal so maybe 1500-2000 a day
  6. Ferries between Bali and Lombok cost us about Rs 3000 including transfers (hotel pickup to port)
  7. Two wheeler rental will cost Rs 500-1000 per day depending on what you rent
  8. Temple / Attraction entry fees: Rs 150-500 depending on the place

Estimated trip expenses
Thank you for this. There were a few surprises and shocks for me, it's good that I got them. :)

Thai Airways is a new name for me. But if you trust them. they must be better than Vietjet, Air Asia, Indigo and the likes.

Thank you for this. There were a few surprises and shocks for me, it's good that I got them. :)

Thai Airways is a new name for me. But if you trust them. they must be better than Vietjet, Air Asia, Indigo and the likes.
Oh they are far above Vietjet, Air Asia, Indigo etc because they are a full service carrier and have decent food and good service. You will also get to fly on wide body planes like the Airbus 350, Boeing 777 or Boeing 787 which are more comfortable for long haul flights.

Of course Singapore Airlines is the gold standard, especially on asian routes but they were significantly more expensive when i booked.

I want to go on a trip in next 2-3 weeks. Which international destinations are good to visit in June/July? I'll likely travel solo.

Interests: I like adventure, history/archaeology, natural parks, beaches. I don't like concrete infra, but I don't mind it.

Backup plan: Within India, I haven't visited NE yet so I can cover that.

Also, what cards/websites work well for this trip? I think I can use DCB for flight tickets.
You can consider Russia or central Asia such as Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan etc. Weather is good there around this time. These are some of the most underrated places.

You can consider Russia or central Asia such as Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan etc. Weather is good there around this time. These are some of the most underrated places.
Are you positive that USSR countries are a good travel destination, given the current political turmoil?

Back