• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Investing in Direct Murual funds through bank platforms

Cherry

TF Buzz
Dear TF community members,

I’m planning to open an AXIS BURGUNDY ACCOUNT.
When I have visited branch, it is informed to give 5 lakhs initial Cheques and to maintain 10 lakhs MAB or 30 Lakhs TRV.

I have invested in DIRECT MUTUAL FUNDS through Paytm money platform. I am planning open BURGUNDY account with Axis bank and to invest in DIRECT MUTUAL FUNDS through axis platform to maintain the relationship value.

1. Can we invest in DIRECT MUTUAL FUNDS THROUGH AXIS PORTAL?

2. What are the investments counted for TRV?

Somebody with BURGUNDY account please give the information

Subhankar

TF Ace
TF Family
Chief Mod
Burgundy account holder here.
No, you can not invest into direct funds ofcourse.

TRV: savings, current, fd, demat holding, insurance, ULIPs

Cherry

TF Buzz
Burgundy account holder here.
No, you can not invest into direct funds ofcourse.

TRV: savings, current, fd, demat holding, insurance, ULIPs
Thanks for your time and patience in providing the information.
In my search I can find Axis direct is offering Direct Mutual Funds also. The bank executive also tells the same.

Can you please clarify?

Is the PPF account balance is included for calculating TRV?

Thanks in advance

arko

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Thanks for your time and patience in providing the information.
In my search I can find Axis direct is offering Direct Mutual Funds also. The bank executive also tells the same.

Can you please clarify?

Is the PPF account balance is included for calculating TRV?

Thanks in advance
If you go through axis bank netbanking you will not get any direct funds. I am a burgundy customer so I know.
PPF is outside TRV.

visvin

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Don't do it. Over time you'll end up paying a lot more in money to them for doing the Regular MF instead of Direct plan. Anything the bank sells if to make money from you... NOT FOR YOU

Salvo08

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Dear TF community members,

I’m planning to open an AXIS BURGUNDY ACCOUNT.
When I have visited branch, it is informed to give 5 lakhs initial Cheques and to maintain 10 lakhs MAB or 30 Lakhs TRV.

I have invested in DIRECT MUTUAL FUNDS through Paytm money platform. I am planning open BURGUNDY account with Axis bank and to invest in DIRECT MUTUAL FUNDS through axis platform to maintain the relationship value.

1. Can we invest in DIRECT MUTUAL FUNDS THROUGH AXIS PORTAL?

2. What are the investments counted for TRV?

Somebody with BURGUNDY account please give the information
For Burgundy the TRV required is of 30 Lakhs and that includes investments from net banking or mob App. But you’ll not be able to invest in ‘Direct’ but in Regular Growth only.

saucy

TF Ace
And to add to other members'points -
The cost you'll end up paying probably won't be worth for the Burgundy account.

Salvo08

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
My branch manager confirmed that PPF is calculated in TRV of 30 Lacs.
That’s wrong information. As far as I know, PPF is not taken into account by any bank for TRV. Pl check again. But if he’s giving you Burgundy with PPF then should be fine. Savings account with bal of 10 lakhs in a family banking also meets the requirement of a Burgundy account.

ujjawal

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
That’s wrong information. As far as I know, PPF is not taken into account by any bank for TRV. Pl check again. But if he’s giving you Burgundy with PPF then should be fine. Savings account with bal of 10 lakhs in a family banking also meets the requirement of a Burgundy account.
It is not wrong info, it is mentioned in the Burgandy document itself

ujjawal

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I think in that case the TRV goes up to 1Cr when you include investments in TRV and not 30L. Please check with your branch again
Check this official documents, PPF is part of 30L

Attachments

• IMG_20230618_082322.jpg
    IMG_20230618_082322.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 33
  • eligibility-criteria (1).pdf
    202.4 KB · Views: 7

jack333

TF Legend
Contributor
VIP Lounge
If we invest in direct mf via groww or mfcentral is there any difference in commission and other charges?

kishorvr

TF Premier
ICICI bank offered to open demat account with them. AMC is high. Will it be expensive than Zerodha, transaction wise? Is it the same situation in all the banks?

AritraSaha

TF Legend
ICICI bank offered to open demat account with them. AMC is high. Will it be expensive than Zerodha, transaction wise? Is it the same situation in all the banks?

Compared it yourself.

jade

TF Premier
There is no banking platform that offers direct plans. We will lose around 1 to 1.5% in returns every year in regular plans that these bank platforms offer, and this can be in lakhs over a period of 10 to 15 years.

hrishig

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Keep money in liquid funds as emergency funds, as they have the lowest expense ratio. Again keeping 30lkh might not is possible, but you can split 50:50 in any other debt fund. Avoid hybrid/small-cap funds, as they typically have the highest expense ratio.