• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Is CRED membership worth it?

Karthik:

TF Premier
I haven't signed up for Cred membership yet as I heard that app is not so good as it used to be and it triggers unsolicited messages and emails. Is Cred membership still worth it ? What are your thoughts ?

prc1990

TF Legend
CRED still provides cashback but it is not that exciting as it had been earlier. Also now it yields cashback to the CRED wallet (instead of posting the cashback direct to the card) that can be used to pay any cc bill/utility bill or do recharge (100% usable).

Pay min. 1K to any credit card and you would get 5 spins each for 3 days. Each spin generates 3-10 cashback or cred coins. During these 3 days, if you pay another bill worth 1K or more for the same card, you wouldn't get any additional reward i.e. pay another bill for the same card only on the 4th day to continue getting 5 spins each for another 3 consecutive days. You can unlock multiple rewards on the same day by paying cc bill for different cards.

Note: This reward system is only for the people with immense patience 🙅🙅🥲🥲.

Attachments

• IMG_20220911_234035.jpg
    IMG_20220911_234035.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Credit Karma

TF Premier
CRED still provides cashback but it is not that exciting as it had been earlier. Also now it yields cashback to the CRED wallet (instead of posting the cashback direct to the card) that can be used to pay any cc bill/utility bill or do recharge (100% usable).

Pay min. 1K to any credit card and you would get 5 spins each for 3 days. Each spin generates 3-10 cashback or cred coins. During these 3 days, if you pay another bill worth 1K or more for the same card, you wouldn't get any additional reward i.e. pay another bill for the same card only on the 4th day to continue getting 5 spins each for another 3 consecutive days. You can unlock multiple rewards on the same day by paying cc bill for different cards.

Note: This reward system is only for the people with immense patience 🙅🙅🥲🥲.
I cannot even bear the thought of buffering on Netflix, so I think I would rule out this option then. 😂

Credit Karma

TF Premier
Haven't used it in a while, earlier I used to get ~0.6% return from cashbacks if I structured my CC payments to be multiples of 1k. Since then, they've changed the rewards to be worse.
Even Gpay nowadays mentions that "you may get a cashback or Better Luck Next Time" as a reward!

They have enough users to milk now. Hence the driest season of cashbacks, I guess!

SaiyamK

TF Select
Is there any other app like CRED to track CCs Statements, Spends, Billed, Unbilled which is safe also? I also want to switch but couldn't because of features like these even if I pay through HDFC Billpay.

Kamal

TF Premier
TF Family
Sr Moderator
Is there any other app like CRED to track CCs Statements, Spends, Billed, Unbilled which is safe also? I also want to switch but couldn't because of features like these even if I pay through HDFC Billpay.
IndMoney is also using same type of emails monitoring for credit card bill.
Even they provide all the assets in one page like PPF, mutual fund , Bank account balance and many others
But not sure about how safe it is.

Credit Karma

TF Premier
IndMoney is also using same type of emails monitoring for credit card bill.
Even they provide all the assets in one page like PPF, mutual fund , Bank account balance and many others
But not sure about how safe it is.
Frankly speaking, there is a scepticism that giving an open access of emails and other financial data to these FinTechs for meagre sum of ₹250 or ₹750 which they offer for sign up is not worth the risk!

I don't see any value in them to be honest.

If convenience is considered most payment apps like Paytm, Gpay, Phonepe already offers payment reminder services and they already have most of our data so why add another thief to the party?

If you are a product atleast you can expect a high value for yourself, is that not the case?