• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia Is INFINIA required when you have Magnus Burgundy + Atlas + Airtel + others

drsel

TF Prestige
I was wondering what spends to do with INFINIA which would give me higher returns than--

Magnus Burgundy (24% flights & Grabdeals, 14% >1.5 lacs)
+ Atlas (10% airlines & hotels online and offline)
+ Airtel (25% Airtel, 10% utilities)
+ SBI Cashback (5% online)
+ AU Lit (with 2.5% online, 2.5% offline and 5% bonus cashback)
ALL COMBINED

Amazon pay vouchers for 13.71% ?
Pharmeasy 10x ?

Also what non spend benefits am I missing out on, which are not covered by Magnus Burgundy + Atlas put together?

Last edited:
Reactions: BVC
Anything where gyftr voucher works. That's the usp of Infinia.

Then comes utility mcc. And not talking about bill payments here, which can be done normally using Amazon gift card. Even a shopping or travel website can use utility mcc🤣.

Plus u can safely redeem ur rewards without account blocking and invoice issues 🤦‍♂️.

I was wondering what spends to do with INFINIA which would give me higher returns than Magnus burgundy + Atlas + Airtel + SBI Cashback, etc.

Pharmeasy 10x ?

Also what non spend benefits am I missing out on, which are not covered by Magnus Burgundy + Atlas put together?
If your spends are high and can use Smartbuy to the capacity definitely take it. If you are not getting LTF also you will get it as FYF and you can achieve spending of 10L looking at your portfolio. Even on not achieving the 10L spend milestone you will just pay GST on fees only.

- Amazon Pay vouchers are capped in all Gyftr sites and having multiple cards to access will be good deal for spending on Utilities/ Insurance or other online spends too.

Reactions: SSV
Only utility mcc upto 50k is main difference compared to others.

All usual ones like rent, education, tax, wallet, nps etc have charges and/or no rewards.
So will you get reward points on education MCC codes (third party apps)?

I was wondering what spends to do with INFINIA which would give me higher returns than Magnus burgundy + Atlas + Airtel + SBI Cashback, etc.

Pharmeasy 10x ?

The 10x on hotels through smartbuy is one of the highest rewarding category on infinia or DCB.

If you book non branded hotels then booking it with smartbuy makes sense with hdfc cards.

For every 10k spends you will receive 3330 points making it a 33.3% miles back category , higher than MB AEP or Atlas 10%.

Even flights would give you 16.67% return which is higher Atlas 10% .

Another category is insurance where in you get max 5000 points per day that's around 1.5 lakhs of spend in insurance, as that is a restricted category on MB and atlas.

Also if you often find your self buying amazon vouchers or any other vouchers , smartbuy gyftr is higher rewarding that axis gyftr.

Coming to non spend based benefits, both MB & Atlas doesn't have any golf where as infinia and dcb gets complementary non spend based golf access.

I missed an opportunity to say this on the other controversial thread but let me say this here.

Infinia gets me the good returns without having to think about returns..
Not sure if it makes sense but frankly it's great for lazy ass people like me,life is straight forward flight tickets and hotel booking on smartbuy, if available use voucher, if not just swipe.

Even using is easy, if someone doesn't want to play the transfer points game, atleast u get 1rs per point discount on bookings

So will you get reward points on education MCC codes (third party apps)?
Not sure, there is some devaluation next month. I don't have any education spends. If I had, I would have used MB for that for better reward rate and no charges.

I use Infinia only for Gyftr vouchers. I will close the card if that feature is removed 😜. That's where hdfc is burning and we r earning 😁.

Yes I think I should use INFINIA for
1. Hotels 10x (both domestic and international) for 33.33% return on spends upto Rs.49950 per day or month for 1665 (1x) + 14985 (9x) points
2. Amazon pay for 16.66-2.95=13.71% return.
3. Pharmeasy 10x for 33.33% return on spends upto Rs.49950 per day or month for 1665 (1x) + 14985 (9x) points

And use Magnus Burgundy for
1. Flights 5x (both domestic and international) for 24% return below 2 lacs/month + 14% return on balance amount above 2 lacs/month
2. Education fee for 4.8% return below 1.5 lacs/month, 14% return above 1.5 lacs/month. Also no fee.
3. Large expenses over 1.5 lacs in a month for 14% return

Any more use cases for both these cards?

Last edited:
Non branded hotels 10x for 33.33% return
Amazon pay for 13.71% return
Pharmeasy 10x for 33.33% return

And use Magnus burgundy for
Flights 5x for 24% return
Education MCC for 4.8% return, no fee
Large expenses in a month over 1.5 lacs for 14% return
Seems you've only covered. So the Answer to your 1st question - Yes, if you can cover Infinia Spends as you mentioned.

Yes and the only non spend extra benefit of Infinia is golf, which I don't play; so I am not missing out on anything.

The 2 + 1 night free stay in ITC hotels is not a genuine offer because the 2+1 free offer price is inflated accordingly (compared to full revenue payment, which is approx 33% less)
I have seen reports of this.

I suspect a similar offer of 2 + 1 night free on hotels.com with Axis Olympus card will be the same, just an eyewash with no real benefit.
We have to wait and see because the card is not yet launched!

Last edited:
1. Non branded hotels 10x for 33.33% return upto Rs.56250 per day/month
3. Pharmeasy 10x for 33.33% return upto Rs 56250 per day/month

1. Flights 5x for 24% return below 2 lacs/month + 14% return on balance amount above 2 lacs/month
2. Education fee for 4.8% return below 1.5 lacs/month, 14% return above 1.5 lacs/month. Also no fee.

I will go with @drsel Using this strategy from past 1.5yrs

1. Non branded hotels 10x for 33.33% return upto Rs.56250 per day/month
3. Pharmeasy 10x for 33.33% return upto Rs 56250 per day/month

1. Flights 5x for 24% return below 2 lacs/month + 14% return on balance amount above 2 lacs/month

Perfect! I thought the same when I planned to get Infinia.

I was wondering what spends to do with INFINIA which would give me higher returns than--

Magnus Burgundy (24% flights & Grabdeals, 14% >1.5 lacs)
+ Atlas (10% airlines & hotels online and offline)
+ Airtel (25% Airtel, 10% utilities)
+ SBI Cashback (5% online)
+ AU Lit (with 2.5% online, 2.5% offline and 5% bonus cashback)
ALL COMBINED

Pharmeasy 10x ?

Hotel bookings via smartbuy to get 33% with max spend limit of 50k per month

Back