• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Is it possible to get oneself a card of we hold a add-on card of the bank? Is there any bank that doesn't allow this?

Sha03

TF Select
My sister has a add-on card for SBI Octane (issued to my mother's name. Does this limit her from getting a SBI card for herself?

Say if I apply for the same variant card for her or other card like SBI cash back card?

I read somewhere saying that we can't get a card when we hold a add-on card issued by the bank, we should close that first before applying, else the application will get rejected. I'm not sure for which bank.

My concern is for SBI specifically. Also let me know which bank does this. Searched the forum, couldn't find a similar thread. If there is already one, please link me to it and delete this. Thanks.

Also, how does add on card work in SBI? The CIBIL report of my sister doesn't reflect the card. So if we close the main card, the add on card automatically closes? Or we should raise a request for both?

My sister has a add-on card for SBI Octane (issued to my mother's name. Does this limit her from getting a SBI card for herself?

Say if I apply for the same variant card for her or other card like SBI cash back card?

I read somewhere saying that we can't get a card when we hold a add-on card issued by the bank, we should close that first before applying, else the application will get rejected. I'm not sure for which bank.

My concern is for SBI specifically. Also let me know which bank does this. Searched the forum, couldn't find a similar thread. If there is already one, please link me to it and delete this. Thanks.

Also, how does add on card work in SBI? The CIBIL report of my sister doesn't reflect the card. So if we close the main card, the add on card automatically closes? Or we should raise a request for both?
Yes, only after closing addon card primary card to be apply otherwise it would get rejected.

Add-on card nothing to do with CIBIL of addon card owner, all get affect to primary holder only

if we apply to a different card like cashback (hold a Octane add-on), it'll still get rejected? or it applies only to thag specific card?
Anyway SBI didn't approve cashback card easily if you holding its other cards. In having addon case success rate 5% . They can approve but chances are low.
You can try simply through SBI sprint, if your application goes till account verification (1rs ) then your approval chances are high.

Why close main card !
Since your sister is eligible & sbi octane isn't rupay.
Cancel add on of sbi octane.

Apply fresh for your sister .

Sbi allow 3 kyc seprate. With different address .
Different email
Different limit
Different work address too

Why close main card !
Since your sister is eligible & sbi octane isn't rupay.
Cancel add on of sbi octane.

Apply fresh for your sister .

Sbi allow 3 kyc seprate. With different address .
Different email
Different limit
Different work address too
So, if I need to apply for SBI cashback or any other card, I need not close this Add-on card of Octane?.

But if I need to apply for another Octane for myself, I need to close this Add-on card that's in my name?

Am I correct? Or still missing something?

So, if I need to apply for SBI cashback or any other card, I need not close this Add-on card of Octane?.

But if I need to apply for another Octane for myself, I need to close this Add-on card that's in my name?

Am I correct? Or still missing something?
See close add ons .
As Bpcl octane is visa so u have to use it physically / online & u need otp .
So better close & take ur own card & manager somehow for few days .

You can close add on for your sister or for you & try one by one .till then use the primary card.

U can try axis Iocl card too . Thats is also good

Back