• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Is it possible to use upgrade vouchers from another club Vistara account?

Googix

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
So i booked for award tickets using the CV points in my Vistara account for me and my wife. Recently got a Axis Vistara card in my wifes name which has a one class upgrade voucher. While booking award tickets using points, it doesn't ask for their club vistara ids. Is it possible to upgrade?

Bhavik567

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Related question, I have booked flights using traveledge. How to add it to my club vistara account before flying? Are there any benefits of doing so?

Trio

TF Buzz
So i booked for award tickets using the CV points in my Vistara account for me and my wife. Recently got a Axis Vistara card in my wifes name which has a one class upgrade voucher. While booking award tickets using points, it doesn't ask for their club vistara ids. Is it possible to upgrade?
Award Tickets can't be further upgraded using points and/or vouchers.

R@J

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Possible steps, based on my understanding of the Vistara systems:
1. Modify your booking online and add your wife's Club Vistara ID against her name. Alternatively, call to vistara care and ask them to add her CV ID against her name. Two CV IDs should be able to be mapped to two passengers within same PNR. I guess
2. During the baggage drop, ask your wife to request them to upgrade her seat using the voucher. It is not guaranteed, but if there are vacant "award seats" available in next cabin class, then they can use upgrade voucher against ticket booked on CV points. First, they will deny, but if you insist once, they can try.

I was able to upgrade my BLR-DEL award seat (which was booked using CV points) through one-class upgrade voucher. it took some time and the agent confirmed it with someone over phone. My specific case was that there were "award seats" available in the Prem. econ. cabin, probably that's why they upgraded.

vishalm

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Once you update CV id against the passenger it starts reflecting in both the accounts from where you redeemed points and booked the ticket and also in CV id account. You can call customer care and ask to use voucher from either accounts and ask upgrade. They will do if award upgrade quota available in the flight

Googix

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Once you update CV id against the passenger it starts reflecting in both the accounts from where you redeemed points and booked the ticket and also in CV id account. You can call customer care and ask to use voucher from either accounts and ask upgrade. They will do if award upgrade quota available in the flight
Possible steps, based on my understanding of the Vistara systems:
1. Modify your booking online and add your wife's Club Vistara ID against her name. Alternatively, call to vistara care and ask them to add her CV ID against her name. Two CV IDs should be able to be mapped to two passengers within same PNR. I guess
2. During the baggage drop, ask your wife to request them to upgrade her seat using the voucher. It is not guaranteed, but if there are vacant "award seats" available in next cabin class, then they can use upgrade voucher against ticket booked on CV points. First, they will deny, but if you insist once, they can try.

I was able to upgrade my BLR-DEL award seat (which was booked using CV points) through one-class upgrade voucher. it took some time and the agent confirmed it with someone over phone. My specific case was that there were "award seats" available in the Prem. econ. cabin, probably that's why they upgraded.

Thank you guys for the info. When i created nominee in my account it did not ask for their club vistara ids. I tried to modify some time back to check if there is an option but could not find it. Will check if i have missed it and probably call customer care to add vistara id.

R@J

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Thank you guys for the info. When i created nominee in my account it did not ask for their club vistara ids. I tried to modify some time back to check if there is an option but could not find it. Will check if i have missed it and probably call customer care to add vistara id.
You are correct in your approach.
There is no option to add CV ID while adding nominees. It is only after booking a ticket in his/her name, that you can add their existing CV IDs against their name in that ticket (either by yourself or mostly through call centre).

Googix

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
You are correct in your approach.
There is no option to add CV ID while adding nominees. It is only after booking a ticket in his/her name, that you can add their existing CV IDs against their name in that ticket (either by yourself or mostly through call centre).
Yea i see the option now to add vistara id. One more question. So have 2 one class upgrade vouchers in my account and my wife has a single class upgrade voucher. So if i use points in my account to upgrade my wife's ticket to Premium economy, then she can use her voucher to upgrade to business class?

Not sure what will happen if i add vistara id now.

R@J

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Yea i see the option now to add vistara id. One more question. So have 2 one class upgrade vouchers in my account and my wife has a single class upgrade voucher. So if i use points in my account to upgrade my wife's ticket to Premium economy, then she can use her voucher to upgrade to business class?

Not sure what will happen if i add vistara id now.
I haven't tried upgrading the nominees ticket yet.
It may or may not happen.... I will suggest to do it at the counter only if you are planning to do so (in order to have double assurance before using the points/voucher).
I think using two vouchers or points from 2 CV IDs would be difficult. You may speak to Cust Care, but I think they will deny. Better to check with airline staff at the counters. Do let us know if you were able to get it done! @Googix

Googix

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I haven't tried upgrading the nominees ticket yet.
It may or may not happen.... I will suggest to do it at the counter only if you are planning to do so (in order to have double assurance before using the points/voucher).
I think using two vouchers or points from 2 CV IDs would be difficult. You may speak to Cust Care, but I think they will deny. Better to check with airline staff at the counters. Do let us know if you were able to get it done! @Googix
So successfully redeemed upgrade voucher from my wife's account for her ticket.

So things i learned

* You can't use CV points to upgrade a award flight ticket. You need to cancel and book again with CV points for an upgraded class. Pretty weird they have this clause.
* You can use upgrade voucher from another club vistara account to use for tickets in your Vistara account considering they are the same person(i upgraded for same person not sure of different person).

So upgraded my economy award tickets booked using CV points with 2 one class upgrade vouchers. Cancelled my wife's economy award ticket and re-booked again as premium economy award ticket using points in my account and used 1 class upgrade voucher from wife's account. So all in all booked 2 business class tickets. Done this with a call to customer care, although 1 customer rep told me its not possible, another rep helped me thru all this process.

R@J

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
So successfully redeemed upgrade voucher from my wife's account for her ticket.

So things i learned

* You can't use CV points to upgrade a award flight ticket. You need to cancel and book again with CV points for an upgraded class. Pretty weird they have this clause.
* You can use upgrade voucher from another club vistara account to use for tickets in your Vistara account considering they are the same person(i upgraded for same person not sure of different person).

So upgraded my economy award tickets booked using CV points with 2 one class upgrade vouchers. Cancelled my wife's economy award ticket and re-booked again as premium economy award ticket using points in my account and used 1 class upgrade voucher from wife's account. So all in all booked 2 business class tickets. Done this with a call to customer care, although 1 customer rep told me its not possible, another rep helped me thru all this process.
Awesome.....the good thing with Vistara is that you can add individual CV IDs against the passengers traveling together in same PNR....hence, you could have chosen to add or not add your wife's CV ID against her name in that ticket. If added, then you can use her upgrade voucher. In case not added, then you could have your upgrade voucher.
Great find though! (y)

Googix

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Awesome.....the good thing with Vistara is that you can add individual CV IDs against the passengers traveling together in same PNR....hence, you could have chosen to add or not add your wife's CV ID against her name in that ticket. If added, then you can use her upgrade voucher. In case not added, then you could have your upgrade voucher.
Great find though! (y)
When i booked premium economy ticket using points for my wife, it did not allow me to enter my wife's CV id. The customer rep who was on call told me that was not an issue and asked me for PNR after i booked the ticket. She got the CV id on call and upgraded the ticket. The rep was very helpful for me. But the previous rep denied we can use voucher from another account though so depends.

Reactions: R@J

R@J

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
When i booked premium economy ticket using points for my wife, it did not allow me to enter my wife's CV id. The customer rep who was on call told me that was not an issue and asked me for PNR after i booked the ticket. She got the CV id on call and upgraded the ticket. The rep was very helpful for me. But the previous rep denied we can use voucher from another account though so depends.
Yes, that thing I know. You can add individual CV IDs only after booking the ticket by modifying the booking or during web checkin :)