• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Is it safe to apply through Agent who got your contact first?

frezcoop

TF Select
Hello,
I received a call from an agent and it seems to be sri balaji callnet. They are saying I have pre approved credit card and they want to do the process for me. They are sharing screenshots with me while doing the process but I am uncomfortable sharing pan and other details. Should one stay away from this?

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Hello,
I received a call from an agent and it seems to be sri balaji callnet. They are saying I have pre approved credit card and they want to do the process for me. They are sharing screenshots with me while doing the process but I am uncomfortable sharing pan and other details. Should one stay away from this?
Which bank ?

D₹V

TF Prestige
Hello,
Apply yourself 😉.
Use cashkaro for more cashback.

Reactions: SSV

sjmajumder

TF Ace
Hello,

I have applied twice in my life through agents who called me randomly. Once for RBL Shoprite and second time for HDFC Regalia. I don't know why I did it for RBL (may be temporary madness) but I was kind of desperate for HDFC Regalia. Was using HDFC cashback for 10+ years and everyone around me had Regalia, but HDFC was not upgrading mine to Regalia LTF was only offering paid Regalia. So finally one day when an agent said that he will get it done after 3 months post I cancel my cashback card I went ahead with him.

Both times I got the card and both LTF. One measure I took is asked them to share the agent's ID card which they did (could have easily been a fake :D). There are definitely genuine agents who keep calling all the time but there are fraudsters too. So you need to be careful.

frezcoop

TF Select
I have applied twice in my life through agents who called me randomly. Once for RBL Shoprite and second time for HDFC Regalia. I don't know why I did it for RBL (may be temporary madness) but I was kind of desperate for HDFC Regalia. Was using HDFC cashback for 10+ years and everyone around me had Regalia, but HDFC was not upgrading mine to Regalia LTF was only offering paid Regalia. So finally one day when an agent said that he will get it done after 3 months post I cancel my cashback card I went ahead with him.

Both times I got the card and both LTF. One measure I took is asked them to share the agent's ID card which they did (could have easily been a fake :D). There are definitely genuine agents who keep calling all the time but there are fraudsters too. So you need to be careful.
The ones I got so far, if I ask are you an agent? They say they are directly from bank. And I check truecaller to find the number reported as spam. So I am avoiding. Not sure how these guys have some of my details like full name and such. But thanks for sharing

sjmajumder

TF Ace
The ones I got so far, if I ask are you an agent? They say they are directly from bank. And I check truecaller to find the number reported as spam. So I am avoiding. Not sure how these guys have some of my details like full name and such. But thanks for sharing

In this information age, data privacy is myth. All your info like your Name, address, mobile, PAN, Aadhaar, Passport, mother's maiden name, etc., etc., is available with hackers and is for sale.