• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Hotel Points Is it worth to book ibis hotel using accor points transferred from HDFC infinia

I'm thinking to book ibis hotel through accor classic member points.

I see 1 accor points is equal to Rs0.9

It's more worth to book directly from smartbuy?

Yes from infinia it's 2:1. One infinia reward point is 0.5 accor point, so in conversation it's Rs.0.9

So is there a value? Is there a possibility to get more than a Rs1 for every infinia point?

Yes from infinia it's 2:1. One infinia reward point is 0.5 accor point, so in conversation it's Rs.0.9

So is there a value? Is there a possibility to get more than a Rs1 for every infinia point?
No, it's not worth. Flights and Tanishq are best way for Infinia points. I mean even on hotels you would get additional discount if you don't use points. Account for that factor too.

I will give an example. Lets say you have 11K points in Infinia

So if the MRP of a hotel room on website is Rs 10000, you can easily get 10-30% off on various sites via offers and cards. So the effective value is let's say Rs 7000-8000. But via points you will have to buy at Rs 10000.
So for 11K points approx you would get 10K Accor hotel INR with fair market value of approx 7-8K. (please note this is fair evaluation. Just ask yourself if you didn't have points would you have stayed in Accor with your cash money at MRP? )
So for hotels (ACCOR here) face value ratio = 0.9
Practical value ratio = 7.5/11 = 0.69

In flights you can redeem 1:1. Now even on flights you could have got 10-15% off on other websites and cards. So Lets say a flight costs 11K. You could have got it for 9500 outside using offers.
So face value redemption = 1:1 = 1
Practical value ratio = 0.86

You can calculate yourself by asking yourself, if you didn't have points, how much of your cash money would you have paid given all choices outside. That's your fair evaluation. Don't let reward points over-inflate lifestyle

Last edited:
Back