• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

DCB Is this theft? HDFC CC rep from my branch added his name to my credit card application.

ankiiiii

TF Select
VIP Lounge
3 months ago, HDFC offered me a INR 2250 Amazon voucher to apply for a credit card online without rep assistance. I was offered a DCB card, which my branch CC rep had previously said I wasn't eligible for and didnot help to get it.

Upon seeing this offer, I contacted my branch’s CC guy asking if it could help it with getting it FYF or LTF, he declined. Although he insisted I apply through him and started telling me the perks of the card (which I already knew). I refused, citing his past unhelpfulness.

Now, 3 months later, it's voucher time, but customer care says I won't get it because the branch rep added his name as a reference, likely for commission.

I feel so angry and frustrated, I am having to waste my time in cusomter care emails and calls due to a dishonest guy chasing his commision.

Any advice on what I can do?

I didn't understand, if you applied online, how branch employee got his name on it ?
I also don’t know how. He must have mentioned in the application that he gave me verbal assistance.

The customer care team sent me this T&C:
"The offer is only valid on completing the application end-to-end digitally without any help or assistance of a HDFC Bank representative, either verbally or in person"

I also don’t know how. He must have mentioned in the application that he gave me verbal assistance.

The customer care team sent me this T&C:
"The offer is only valid on completing the application end-to-end digitally without any help or assistance of a HDFC Bank representative, either verbally or in person"
Interesting, but yeah definitely complain, take it till PNO or RBI Ombudsman

However you might receive a call from your branch guy persuading you to withdraw the complain with something in the line of "hamare bhi bibi bache hain", so be prepared for that

Last edited:
Interesting, but yeah definitely complain, take it till PNO or RBI Ambulance

However you might receive a call from your branch guy persuading you to withdraw the complain with something in the line of "hamare bhi bibi bache hain", so be prepared for that
This is the easiest way for op to get compensation.
Of course file a complaint to PNO first and then to RBI.

3 months ago, HDFC offered me a INR 2250 Amazon voucher to apply for a credit card online without rep assistance. I was offered a DCB card, which my branch CC rep had previously said I wasn't eligible for and didnot help to get it.

Upon seeing this offer, I contacted my branch’s CC guy asking if it could help it with getting it FYF or LTF, he declined. Although he insisted I apply through him and started telling me the perks of the card (which I already knew). I refused, citing his past unhelpfulness.

Now, 3 months later, it's voucher time, but customer care says I won't get it because the branch rep added his name as a reference, likely for commission.

I feel so angry and frustrated, I am having to waste my time in cusomter care emails and calls due to a dishonest guy chasing his commision.

Any advice on what I can do?
Why did you even contact branch person that you'll apply for cc. You could've quietly applied online.

Interesting, but yeah definitely complain, take it till PNO or RBI Ombudsman

Thanks, already started the process. I just feel irritated that I'm having to waste my time on this just because some random guy in the bank got greedy.

I am a consultant and my office charges clients $500 per hour I spend on their work. I wish I could charge HDFC for the time wasted on this hassle! :D

Understood but nothing can be done.

As it's per TnC
Arey bro but I didnot take any assistance from the representative. I jsut asked him he can get it FYF or not. He said no and then I applied myself.

In no way this is fair and in no way its as per terms and conditinos.
Lets see, I have escalated this to PNO which is required before one can complinat to ombudsman.

Its not about 2250 rupees anymore, I don’t want a dishonest perrson to get away with things so easily.

Arey bro but I didnot take any assistance from the representative. I jsut asked him he can get it FYF or not. He said no and then I applied myself.

In no way this is fair and in no way its as per terms and conditinos.
Lets see, I have escalated this to PNO which is required before one can complinat to ombudsman.

Its not about 2250 rupees anymore, I don’t want a dishonest perrson to get away with things so easily.
Complain to everyone possible,
If not for nothing, Others will be saved from such things in future

Back