• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Issue with HDFC Credit Card Application: Applied for Swiggy LTF Card but Received a Different One

inakul14

TF Buzz
I need some advice regarding a recent issue with my HDFC credit card application.

On June 24, 2024, I applied for the Swiggy HDFC Credit Card through the Swiggy app. This card was offered as a LTF option specifically for selected customers, which suited my needs perfectly since I frequently use Swiggy for food and grocery orders.

However, on July 6, I received an email from HDFC Bank stating that the address mentioned in my application differed from my Aadhaar address. They requested a self-declaration form to process my application, which I completed and dropped into the nearest HDFC branch drop box on July 9.

Despite this, on July 19, I was informed that my credit card application was rejected due to the address discrepancy. This was quite frustrating since the address mismatch was minor and was due to the difference between the shorter address used on Swiggy and the longer address on my Aadhaar card.

To my surprise, today, July 25, I received an email with the subject “Your HDFC Bank Instant Credit Card is here! Open now to start shopping and avail great offers,” indicating that an Instant Credit Card was issued to me instead of the Swiggy LTF Credit Card I applied for. Additionally, the status on the Swiggy application has changed to "Congrats, your card has been issued."

I would like to know how I can obtain the Swiggy HDFC LTF Credit Card instead of the Instant Credit Card.

Last edited:
I need some advice regarding a recent issue with my HDFC credit card application.

On June 24, 2024, I applied for the Swiggy HDFC Credit Card through the Swiggy app. This card was offered as a LTF option specifically for selected customers, which suited my needs perfectly since I frequently use Swiggy for food and grocery orders.

However, on July 6, I received an email from HDFC Bank stating that the address mentioned in my application differed from my Aadhaar address. They requested a self-declaration form to process my application, which I completed and dropped into the nearest HDFC branch drop box on July 9.

Despite this, on July 19, I was informed that my credit card application was rejected due to the address discrepancy. This was quite frustrating since the address mismatch was minor and was due to the difference between the shorter address used on Swiggy and the longer address on my Aadhaar card.

To my surprise, today, July 25, I received an email with the subject “Your HDFC Bank Instant Credit Card is here! Open now to start shopping and avail great offers,” indicating that an Instant Credit Card was issued to me instead of the Swiggy LTF Credit Card I applied for. Additionally, the status on the Swiggy application has changed to "Congrats, your card has been issued."

I would like to know how I can obtain the Swiggy HDFC LTF Credit Card instead of the Instant Credit Card.
Your approved card is Swiggy only 🤣🤣🤣.

Instant card meaning here is you can access card instantly (with current 5k limit) instead of waiting 5-7 days for physical card delivery.

And if you applied LTF, it'll be LTF only.

I didn’t fully understand the email and assumed the card issued was something different due to the previous rejection. I now realize that the Instant card is indeed the Swiggy card and that the Lifetime Free (LTF) benefit still applies.

Thank you for clarifying.

Your approved card is Swiggy only 🤣🤣🤣.

Instant card meaning here is you can access card instantly (with current 5k limit) instead of waiting 5-7 days for physical card delivery.

And if you applied LTF, it'll be LTF only.

I didn’t fully understand the email and assumed the card issued was something different due to the previous rejection. I now realize that the Instant card is indeed the Swiggy card and that the Lifetime Free (LTF) benefit still applies.

Thank you for clarifying.
Excitement me ,🤣🤣

I had a tough day, and when I checked my email, I didn’t immediately understand it and thought the bank had issued a different card. So, I posted here without a second thought. It happens, and anyone can misunderstand sometimes.
It's okay bro, enjoy 😉

I also received the same mail regarding address discripency, buthdfc is asking me to send my document t their Chennai office!!!

Back