• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Issues with CIBIL updates from StanC and Postpe

Hi All,

I have two scenarios.
Please let me know what can i do here?
1. I requested for postpe account closure back in 2022 and they confirmed by email that the account is closed and Cibil will be updated. But it's still active. I called them multiple times that I have written proof and how can you do this to customer, they are saying we will close this? Can I do anything here? I heard according to RBI rule, if a card is not closed within 7 business working days, the company needs to pay 500 per day post that.
2. I request for card closure from Standard Chartered Bank on call, they confirmed its done and CIBIL will be updated, Upon checking recently found that its still active. When i called them they said there is an excess balance of 0.19 INR and it was not closed, we will zero it first and then close now. Anything which I can do here too?
Please let me know.
Thanks!

Let’s address both scenarios:
  1. Postpe Account Closure:
    • It’s frustrating when an account closure doesn’t happen as promised. According to the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) guidelines, if you requested the closure of your credit card and the card issuer confirmed it, they should close the account within seven working days from the date of seeking confirmation from you.
      Since you have written proof of the account closure request and their confirmation, follow these steps:
      1. Document Everything: Keep records of all communication with Postpe, including emails, call logs, and any other correspondence.​
      2. Contact Postpe Again: Reach out to Postpe once more, providing them with evidence of your request and their confirmation. Politely ask them to expedite the closure process.​
      3. Escalate the Issue: If they still don’t act, escalate the matter. You can:
        • File a Complaint with RBI: Visit the RBI website and file a complaint against Postpe for non-compliance with their guidelines.​
        • Consumer Forum: Consider approaching a consumer forum or ombudsman for resolution.​
      4. Compensation: As per RBI rules, if they fail to close the account within the stipulated time, they should pay a penalty of ₹500 per day until the closure is completed.​
    • Remember to stay persistent and assertive in your communication.​
  2. Standard Chartered Bank Card Closure:
    Similar to the previous case, you have a right to expect timely closure. Here’s what you can do:
    1. Clarify the Excess Balance: If there’s an excess balance of ₹0.19, ask for clarification. Why wasn’t it adjusted during the closure process?​
    2. Request Immediate Closure: Remind them of their confirmation and ask them to close the account promptly.​
    3. Follow-up: If they delay again, follow the same steps as mentioned earlier—document, escalate, and seek compensation if necessary.​
    4. Remember that as a customer, you have rights, and financial institutions must adhere to RBI guidelines.​
In both cases, persistence and clear communication are key. If they continue to ignore your requests, consider seeking legal advice or filing a complaint.

Back