• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ITR filing for CC Spend??

ITR is filled for income. Declare all the income, spends on cc are not filed separately.
Spends should not exceed your income, otherwise you may get a notice.

But My Income is Approximately Zero

I earned some money from Credit Card Rotation
@Abhishek012 will be so proud of you. 😛

On a serious note, if your total earnings is less than 2.5 LPA, there is no need to file ITR.*

*T&Cs apply

IT department is so understaffed that they don't even have the time to call everyone. If you receive one, in case, though the probability is very low, you are screwed up unless you have proofs of where this money is coming from.

Last edited:
@Abhishek012 will be so proud of you. 😛

On a serious note, if your total earnings is less than 2.5 LPA, there is no need to file ITR.*

*T&Cs apply

IT department is so understaffed that they don't even have the time to call everyone. If you receive one, in case, though the probability is very low, you are screwed up unless you have proofs of where this money is coming from.
I once had zero earnings and did not file ITR. They sent compliance notice to show source of money spent on credit card. They gave me the transactions done on credit card.

Lucky for me, I did not do any rotation and source was simple salary income from previous year. Time spent replying to it and closing it with follow ups. Did not have to hire professionals as it was very simple.

I spent only 2 lakhs when income was zero (went to study after working for few years). 15 lakhs is slightly high. Also they send the notice after few years.

Stop doing rotation for 1% or 2%. May be one month if you are short of funds, one can think about it for few % of income. Doing beyond 100% of income is insane.

Please share advice given by your CA. It will help others who are on the same boat.

I think if someone considers this as a business and shows turnover and profit, it might (I don’t know) be okay with IT department but banks won’t be happy. I am sure a good CA will give a solution to this. You definitely will have to pay tax and CA professional charges. Might even become negative profit for you if your margins are low.

Last edited:
Citibank reported me for mere 2 lakhs. So May be the 10 lakh rule might be based on banks. These foreign banks are aggressive to report us :cool:
Banks below 10 lakh report kare na kare but above 10 lakh report karna mandatory hai as it is required by law.

So yeh galat femi hai ki sirf 10 lakh Spend hoga tabhi report hoga as you got notice for only 2 lakh spends

2 lakh ke spends to khuch maharathiyo ne Payzapp Paytm_uber trick m hi kar diye hai😂

shagun ka Lifafa aaayega 😂
IT Departmemt se tab pta chalega kis Bank ne kya data share kiya hai

Logically speaking they must have seen these kind of cases before
Where spends are greater it can be for family too,
And even if they ask the source of income, then i think they must accept the fact that all the amount he got was from credit card it self if you say you used a trick and basically got free money then the mistake is not at your end.

show family income ie father ,mother etc. It should suffice I guess. but 15 lakhs is too much. 2% is approx. 30k but CA may charge more I think.

Back