• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Jio automatic recharge using Amazon pay

yogobit

TF Select
Today while browsing jio recharge plans I chose a plan & was checking offers on payment options.

To check what offers are available on wallet > Amazon pay I clicked link to Amazon pay wallet

& Bang it linked & did the recharge without me clicking pay now.

Called jio & they are saying recharge once done can't be cancelled.

They also checked & autopay is not even setup on my jio app

Been using Amazon pay & other wallets on so many apps & there always are two steps to using wallet balance.

1. Link wallet.

2. Pay now / proceed to payment.

Seems like I'm screwed.

Called amazon & they say only jio can help & they can't dispute a transaction

All four players are screwed up. The consumers end up losing their hard-earned money due to every bug in their software. We need more players. Otherwise, things are only going to get worse. Just lost 3k with international roaming pack with Airtel, due to their buggy software. TRAI doesn't care about such failures.

We need what we have with the banking system. A large number of private players to choose from. A clear escalation system that works. A clear penalty/fine system that works too.

Even SEBI is better than TRAI, even though SEBI doesn't even investigate towards a particular group. On the other hand, TRAI seems to the consumer centric, but actually useless except for action against telecallers.

Back