• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Jio Recharge plan Hike

Same here. I always have access to Wi-Fi but at times when you are on the move , a good and unlimited cellular data is extremely important. Hence I did the 2999 yearly recharge , even when I know I am not going to use most of it. But at 250 per month is a reasonable amount to pay for that peace of mind that I am adequately covered.
For such requirements, instead of a daily limit plan, it is better to have a plan with total data allowance and no daily limit. 2999 plan fails that way.

He has no other option, 1599 was removed on 28th June. How could he recharge with total data limit in that case?
Thats why now postpaid may be a better option. 4 SIMs at 399+99x3 plus tax (old plan) works out to 2464/SIM/yr. Add Rupay DC discount per mth or other discount offers for bill payment and it can be even lesser.

Thats why now postpaid may be a better option. 4 SIMs at 399+99x3 plus tax (old plan) works out to 2464/SIM/yr. Add Rupay DC discount per mth or other discount offers for bill payment and it can be even lesser.
Agreed. But that works when you have a family that uses Jio. I just have one sim requirement and postpaid works out to be more expensive in that case.

But he was recharging for Prepaid.

Yep 1+3 one. 🤭
But isn't it 699+99×3?

Do you use postpaid SIM?

jio updated recharge plans on my jio app, where 2545 plan still exists with unlimited 5g

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-07-03-01-28-12-057_com.jio.myjio.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-07-03-01-28-12-057_com.jio.myjio.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 24
Exactly. I used to do 1599 annual recharge but since it’s gone , 2999 is the only reasonable value plan left that offers 5g.
You can still do 1899 + data top up, it will be cheaper and keep the phone on 5g. But yeah I get the difference then would be marginal with 2999 plan.
Classic movie popcorn pricing strategy.

Reactions: BMR
You can still do 1899 + data top up, it will be cheaper and keep the phone on 5g. But yeah I get the difference then would be marginal with 2999 plan.
Classic movie popcorn pricing strategy.
Bhai bhai bhai 🤣 kya baat kar rahe ho aap? 1899 deke aadmi bas 24 GB le 336 din ke liye? 5G pe kaise rahega phone data top-up karke?

Don't you know, 2GB/day data plan is required for UL 5G?

Bhai bhai bhai 🤣 kya baat kar rahe ho aap? 1899 deke aadmi bas 24 GB le 336 din ke liye? 5G pe kaise rahega phone data top-up karke?

Don't you know, 2GB/day data plan is required for UL 5G?
You can do data top up, which will have validity of base plan, for 289 you get 40gb.
5g rahega but unlimited ni rahega, data count hoga on usage. Unless you're using mobile data is primary internet 70gb data/year is alot.

You can do data top up, which will have validity of base plan, for 289 you get 40gb.
5g rahega but unlimited ni rahega, data count hoga on usage. Unless you're using mobile data is primary internet 70gb data/year is alot.
1899 plan does not mention anything about 5g. I am not sure if someone with that plan will even latch on to 5g network.

Someone who has done a 1899 recharge can confirm if 5g works or not.

for existing jio prepaid, switch can be done from myjio app and takes about 30 min to be effective. no change of SIM reqd. data is shared by all without any issue.
no experience of porting from other network
What if family member has excess prepaid recharge in que along with primary prepaid card holder. As per their tnc, subscriber's prepaid excess recharge will be adjusted in postpaid bill but they didn't mention about family members excess recharge.

Back