• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Jio Recharge plan Hike

Yes it does
I raised a request via web
The person appointed for the same is denying home delivery, says it's only for new connections. Contacted nearby store, same story.
Moreover they all seem not interested in onboarding new customers as well. No motivation whatsoever.
They were simply like sir if you want to port to pls visit yourself, you need our services hence you have to come to our shop. Problem is nearest store is some 15 kms away and I don't want my parents to visit just to port.
I'm not liking it from the start only.

The person appointed for the same is denying home delivery, says it's only for new connections. Contacted nearby store, same story.
Moreover they all seem not interested in onboarding new customers as well. No motivation whatsoever.
They were simply like sir if you want to port to pls visit yourself, you need our services hence you have to come to our shop. Problem is nearest store is some 15 kms away and I don't want my parents to visit just to port.
Most likely a public post on twitter will solve this issue.

Here in Mumbai, once you raise a request via web, you get a call within 15 mins, and the guy comes home within an hour to do the porting / new sim. So service may be location specific.

They might not get any comission in case of postpaid that's why they're not visiting. In case of prepaid, they charge recharge and activation fee to fool the customer.

Here in Mumbai, once you raise a request via web, you get a call within 15 mins, and the guy comes home within an hour to do the porting / new sim. So service may be location specific.
Yeah location specific only, anyways my mind is out of jio now so not gonna proceed. In future if some problem arises and this kinda lethargic behaviour is seen them what's the use. Airtel is much better in this aspect, at least in my area. They visit home for small queries as well. Have contact number for nearest shop, whenever I call him, he makes sure someone is at my place within next 4-5 hrs.

They might not get any comission in case of postpaid that's why they're not visiting. In case of prepaid, they charge recharge and activation fee to fool the customer.
Had a very nasty experience today. Had ordered potting of sim to Jio for my brother. The process went smooth but at the end when I asked him how much do I have to pay, he said 1500. I gave him an earful and threatened him that I will complain to jio. Since my brother is a NRI with a foreign passport, the guy was saying it will cost extra for processing lol. After threatening him, he just took 299 and processed the order.

Had a very nasty experience today. Had ordered potting of sim to Jio for my brother. The process went smooth but at the end when I asked him how much do I have to pay, he said 1500. I gave him an earful and threatened him that I will complain to jio. Since my brother is a NRI with a foreign passport, the guy was saying it will cost extra for processing lol. After threatening him, he just took 299 and processed the order.
Khukda jeb bharna chaha raha tha, Jio should give the option to select online payment while placing such order and could have showed all the possible charges along with recharge plan ...

No more hustle like this, they can't demand more in this way

Good job, by the what was his reaction when you threatened him that you will be complaining against this?

Khukda jeb bharna chaha raha tha, Jio should give the option to select online payment while placing such order and could have showed all the possible charges along with recharge plan ...

No more hustle like this, they can't demand more in this way

Good job, by the what was his reaction when you threatened him that you will be complaining against this?
Yeah they should I ported to vi they've online payment, delivery executive didn't asked for any money.

This the kind of scams they do. In my case he asked for recharge and 99rs activation fee. I was doubtful on the activation fee but ended up giving it because he showed some docs and I didn't had the time to verify if activation fee is levied or not.

Its not the activation fee, its something called Jio Prime that every new subscriber perhaps needs to recharge with I suppose
No. I got a new prepaid sim. I just paid 299 for the recharge. He even gave me a bill that has prime for free.

Alert for people who used to recharge ₹395 plans earlier
Hi guys,
You can still do recharge once your current recharge is over, using tariff protection plan on jio.com
I did just now

Thank you
you get 6GB for 84 days and 5G unlimited, so in cities where 5G is there, its unlimited data and unlimited calls for 84 days

Alert for people who used to recharge ₹395 plans earlier
Hi guys,
You can still do recharge once your current recharge is over, using tariff protection plan on jio.com
I did just now

Thank you
Mine expires on 18th Aug.. Hope it stays till that time.. .:rolleyes::crossed-fingers:

Back