• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Journey to first HDFC CC (Regalia Gold LTF) with no prior relationship within a month

vijay.vj

TF Ace
Here is my journey of 30 days. Prior this, I had no relationship with HDFC whatsoever.

City: City of pearls (Hyderabad)

I got interested in tata neu cards, app mentioned even infinity LTF. During application, it allowed me to apply only for Tata Neu Plus LTF. Somehow due to some screw up in office address & delivery address, it got rejected. It was 5 months ago.

2 months ago, I tried applying directly from HDFC website. It showed me tata neu plus FYF, Money Back+ paid & some other Indian oil card. I did choose moneyback+ but didn't do KYC. Thanks to this community, understood that should never apply for co branded as first HDFC card. And also basic cards if you are eligible for much better cards.

This is when I decided to open HDFC bank account for pre-approved offers.
End of Nov 2023, I opened MaxSaving account online... but KYC wasn't being done via APP. It asked me to visit Branch, but then Branch guys asked me to wait for 3 days, only then they can help. Next day I got a call from far away branch (but big branch), they visited home & opened account offline & provided me with generic kit for net banking and debit card.

Took 2-3 days for my IP cheque of 25k to en cash & account is live. I started pestering the guy who opened account (who is actually RM, but not to me as maxsavings has no RM). To help to negotiate, I added 2L funds to my account & the guy triggered manual upgrade to Preferred. I provided consent on same day & account turned preferred. Same guy is now preferred RM.

My pestering continued, he connected me with CC person. I told him my intention go for LTF only cards & he agreed. He guided me through HDFC DAP application process (https://apply.hdfcbank.com/vivid/ccuiux_new#CC-Login). It didn't trigger any CIBIL hit, but showed me somewhat better cards (6 of them) but all chargeable (Diners club privilege being the best). Agent tried to convince me that its LTF, but its clearly a paid card as per summary there. For this guys, any card with spend based waiver is LTF... so even infinia is LTF for them.

I then gave a BAMBOO to my RM, and he connected me to another guy next day. He said my employer is in their special list, and they can process me regalia gold or diners club privilege LTF (requires 1.5L salary/month). They do provide Millenia LTF is salary is around 40-45k. You don't need to have salary account with them. Pre-approved offers are also not needed. But if you have pre-approved offer, they can process it LTF online if you have salary account with HDFC.

Agent came home for offline documentation. Shared 3 month pay slips and 3 months salary account bank statement. Got verification call within 2 days, lady confirmed LTF card without even asking & within a week, received approval & virtual card for Regalia Gold LTF with 3L limit.

So within 30 days, from no relationship to LTF regalia Gold.

Now I'm in negotiations for Infinia. Discussed with couple of bank manager, one guy confirmed that he can get me Infinia. But I'm trying for LTF, which may not work most likely. But BM is veteran HDFC employee, and has history of processing Infinia LTF. So lets wait & see.

Companies list: Credit to @V G for public post. https://www.technofino.in/community...lia-gold-will-be-considered.20915/post-472973

Happy to share my journey & tricks.

Special Mentions:
1. @4uziaul for clarifying my newbie doubts @ https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/first-hdfc-cc-need-help.19408/
2. @avis_ for sharing contact who can help with LTF Millenia. If anyone in Chennai needs help, he should be able to do it himself. This helped me to confidently push my RM and get it out of him.
3. @Astraea for triggering my interest towards LTF part of HDFC https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/getting-hdfc-millennia-credit-as-ltf.20315/

Here is my journey of 30 days. Prior this, I had no relationship with HDFC whatsoever.

I got interested in tata neu cards, app mentioned even infinity LTF. During application, it allowed me to apply only for Tata Neu Plus LTF. Somehow due to some screw up in office address & delivery address, it got rejected. It was 5 months ago.

2 months ago, I tried applying directly from HDFC website. It showed me tata neu plus FYF, Money Back+ paid & some other Indian oil card. I did choose moneyback+ but didn't do KYC. Thanks to this community, understood that should never apply for co branded as first HDFC card. And also basic cards if you are eligible for much better cards.

End of Nov 2023, I opened MaxSaving account online... but KYC wasn't being done via APP. It asked me to visit Branch, but then Branch guys asked me to wait for 3 days, only then they can help. Next day I got a call from far away branch (but big branch), they visited home & opened account offline & provided me with generic kit for net banking and debit card.

Took 2-3 days for my IP cheque of 25k to en cash & account is live. I started pestering the guy who opened account (who is actually RM, but not to me as maxsavings has no RM). To help to negotiate, I added 2L funds to my account & the guy triggered manual upgrade to Preferred. I provided consent on same day & account turned preferred. Same guy is now preferred RM.

My pestering continued, he connected me with CC person. I told him my intention go for LTF only cards & he agreed. He guided me through HDFC DAP application process (https://apply.hdfcbank.com/vivid/ccuiux_new#CC-Login). It didn't trigger any CIBIL hit, but showed me somewhat better cards (6 of them) but all chargeable (Diners club privilege being the best). Agent tried to convince me that its LTF, but its clearly a paid card as per summary there. For this guys, any card with spend based waiver is LTF... so even infinia is LTF for them.

I then gave a BAMBOO to my RM, and he connected me to another guy next day. He said my employer is in their special list, and they can process me regalia gold or diners club privilege LTF (requires 1.5L salary/month). They do provide Millenia LTF is salary is around 40-45k. You don't need to have salary account with them. Pre-approved offers are also not needed. But if you have pre-approved offer, they can process it LTF online if you have salary account with HDFC.

Agent came home for offline documentation. Shared 3 month pay slips and 3 months salary account bank statement. Got verification call within 2 days, lady confirmed LTF card without even asking & within a week, received approval & virtual card for Regalia Gold LTF with 3L limit.

Now I'm in negotiations for Infinia. Discussed with couple of bank manager, one guy confirmed that he can get me Infinia. But I'm trying for LTF, which may not work most likely. But BM is veteran HDFC employee, and has history of processing Infinia LTF. So lets wait & see.

Companies list: Credit to @V G for public post. https://www.technofino.in/community...lia-gold-will-be-considered.20915/post-472973

Special Mentions:
1. @4uziaul for clarifying my newbie doubts @ https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/first-hdfc-cc-need-help.19408/
2. @avis_ for sharing contact who can help with LTF Millenia. If anyone in Chennai needs help, he should be able to do it himself. This helped me to confidently push my RM and get it out of him.
3. @Astraea for triggering my interest towards LTF part of HDFC https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/getting-hdfc-millennia-credit-as-ltf.20315/
Let us know if you get Infinia life time free , also did he mention any salary criteria for getting Life time free Infinia

Astraea

TF Premier
In HDFC, having a account makes getting LTF cards very easy, but the catch is you need to apply offline. Exciting news to see that @vijay.vj received the Regalia Gold Card LTF! 😍

I'm also considering getting a credit card for my mother, who's a housewife with no credit history. She has pre-approved offers for Marriott Bonvoy and Dinner Privilege(Paid). I didn't try to push my RM or BM in this case to get it has LTF.

Astraea

TF Premier
The limit is 4 Lakhs. Should I opt for the paid card? If I do, which one would be better: Marriott or Privilege?
I'm a bit puzzled about how HDFC grants such large credit limits to a housewife with no substantial income. Even my sister, who's a student, has a better limit than me 😭. Despite my decent salary and requested by sending my payslips, I only have a modest limit of 78K.

vijay.vj

TF Ace
I'm a bit puzzled about how HDFC grants such large credit limits to a housewife with no substantial income. Even my sister, who's a student, has a better limit than me 😭. Despite my decent salary and requested by sending my payslips, I only have a modest limit of 78K.
How much % is your credit limit in terms of your annual take home.

Like how much is your annual salary:credit limit ratio.

Astraea

TF Premier
Even my mother got Regalia Gold LTF 🥲 No credit history, just a classic HDFC account. When her RM asked if she needs a credit card she said she'll take it if its LTF, and they offered Regalia Gold LTF. I hold Salary account and they're offering me IndianOil 🥲
Same here We have preferred Account. Very Relatable.

Last edited:

vijay.vj

TF Ace
Around 10% of my annual inhand income.
You should be able to get close to 3x your monthly income.
Try sending email to hdfc grievance desk by sharing your payslips. Only works if you didn't receive any LE over last few months.

By the way, HDFC is offering year end LE. Did you receive anything on your card?

vijay.vj

TF Ace
Even my mother got Regalia Gold LTF 🥲 No credit history, just a classic HDFC account. When her RM asked if she needs a credit card she said she'll take it if its LTF, and they offered Regalia Gold LTF. I hold Salary account and they're offering me IndianOil 🥲
Looks like your mom maintains good balance in her account. Money speaks !

Situation of my salary account -
Amount stays for hardly 4-5 days before it gets debited for EMI & Bills. For rest of the days it will be 0 balance account only. Like literally no gain for bank from it.

Astraea

TF Premier
You should be able to get close to 3x your monthly income.
Try sending email to hdfc grievance desk by sharing your payslips. Only works if you didn't receive any LE over last few months.

By the way, HDFC is offering year end LE. Did you receive anything on your card?
I've been receiving credit limit enhancements regularly since I got the card in February. I received one in August and another a few days ago.

Next time, I plan not to accept the limit enhancement and instead send them the documents for limit increase.

Special Mentions:
How to give BAMBOO to RM ?

vijay.vj

TF Ace
How to get this ? Already got Millenia as an FYF upgrade. How to make it LFT based on above statement.
Hard to change existing card to LTF... may be impossible for most.

If its fresh card, and your company is their list of preferred employers, they will provide you LTF cards based on your take home.