• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Keep or close pnb credit card

I had multiple issue with PNB and probably on edge to close it, as it's not worth the hassle & pain.

- statements were irregular on email (raised issue thrice, has been Ok for past 3-4 months)
- despite having transactions every quarter, was charged annual fee. had to raise request to reverse ( read on forum, multiple ppl faced this)
- Late fee charged, despite payment made more than min due amount before last date (got reversed after follow up).

Good thing
- CC has always resolved issue. Once, as good will, Waived off penalty; as I missed payment because statement emails were not coming.
- Even a single rupee transaction is enough to count towards quarterly milestone (no minimum amount).
- Target offer for PNB (Haven't used/seen any in last 2 years, which other's bank also didn't offer).

Got it as it was Rupay and technically LTF; but it needs constant monitoring. Not worth the loss of peace of mind.
Another instance, it will RIP

Last edited:
I had multiple issue with PNB and probably on edge to close it, as it's not worth the hassle & pain.

- statements were irregular on email (raised issue thrice, has been Ok for past 3-4 months)
- despite having transactions every quarter, was charged annual fee. had to raise request to reverse ( read on forum, multiple ppl faced this)
- Late fee charged, despite payment made more than min due amount before last date (got reversed after follow up).

Good thing
- CC has always resolved issue. Once, as good will, Waived off penalty; as I missed payment because statement emails were not coming.
- Even a single rupee transaction is enough to count towards quarterly milestone (no minimum amount).
- Target offer for PNB (Haven't used/seen any in last 2 years, which other's bank also didn't offer).

Got it as it was Rupay and technically LTF; but it needs constant monitoring. Not worth the loss of peace of mind.
Another instance, it will RIP
Thank You for this information. Looks like I'll have to start monitoring the statements from now on.

PNB and a bit of hassle always go together. But its been a handy enough card, considering it is effectively LTF. I even received decent discount offers last year, though this year has been one of famine.
I keep it for Rupay/PNB offers and UPI payment backup to Neu Infinity.
It is being a Rupay Wellness card, can be useful on that front as well.
As statements are erratic on email, follow the sms message, and make sure you pay at least 10 days before the due date. Also, they are likely to charge yearly fees even if you make the quarterly transactions, but would reverse the same on mailing.
So yes, a bit of a hassle, but still worth keeping in my view.

PNB and a bit of hassle always go together. But its been a handy enough card, considering it is effectively LTF. I even received decent discount offers last year, though this year has been one of famine.
I keep it for Rupay/PNB offers and UPI payment backup to Neu Infinity.
It is being a Rupay Wellness card, can be useful on that front as well.
As statements are erratic on email, follow the sms message, and make sure you pay at least 10 days before the due date. Also, they are likely to charge yearly fees even if you make the quarterly transactions, but would reverse the same on mailing.
So yes, a bit of a hassle, but still worth keeping in my view.
Is offers available on Flipkart and Amazon by pnb credit card, i never seen,
Also recently got kiwi yes bank card and already neu infinity ltf

Is there a way you keep auto charge 1 rs or something so that the card is used every quarter is it worth the card
I have a nescafe outlet at my place of work, and use the card for UPI payment at least once a month. Also use the Blinkit/Zomato offers from time to time. Meeting the waver target hasn't been a problem at all.
One thing in
this context though. PNB most likely, will still charge you the renewal fees, and you will have to mail the customer care to reverse the same. They are usually prompt in reversing.

I have a nescafe outlet at my place of work, and use the card for UPI payment at least once a month. Also use the Blinkit/Zomato offers from time to time. Meeting the waver target hasn't been a problem at all.
One thing in
this context though. PNB most likely, will still charge you the renewal fees, and you will have to mail the customer care to reverse the same. They are usually prompt in reversing.
Cool i have applied for the card lets see if they approve

PNB Bank's credit card is the worst. Today the statement was generated, but I received no reminder, SMS, or email. When I checked the Genie app, it showed up there. On top of that, it's showing the wrong current outstanding amount. I've used 32k on the card since I got it, but it's currently showing 60k. When I called the IVR, it said my card is blocked. I don't know what kind of system they have.

PNB Bank's credit card is the worst. Today the statement was generated, but I received no reminder, SMS, or email. When I checked the Genie app, it showed up there. On top of that, it's showing the wrong current outstanding amount. I've used 32k on the card since I got it, but it's currently showing 60k. When I called the IVR, it said my card is blocked. I don't know what kind of system they have.
exactly the same reason I closed my card due to stupid backend validations and the horrible application

Back