• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Kotak Credit Card Application Issue

Martius

TF Premier
For over a month i have been trying to apply for Kotak League credit card but I always get stuck at the CRN/Mobile/Email part after OTP Verification. It says CRN Detail Invalid even though i fill my Mobile+DoB or Email+DoB.

Attaching the SS for reference.

I have a Kotak Fastag so I tried finding my CRN via Kotak WhatsApp banking and to my surprise Kotak issue’s CRN even for Fastag. So i tried using CRN too but it still says “Details based on CRN unavailable”

I am unable to figure out what exactly is the issue. Is it because of the Fastag or what? Kindly share your views and experience on the same.

Attachments

• 496EA919-CBD0-4817-BF36-68D718D3645C.png
    496EA919-CBD0-4817-BF36-68D718D3645C.png
    29.8 KB · Views: 26
For over a month i have been trying to apply for Kotak League credit card but I always get stuck at the CRN/Mobile/Email part after OTP Verification. It says CRN Detail Invalid even though i fill my Mobile+DoB or Email+DoB.

I have a Kotak Fastag so I tried finding my CRN via Kotak WhatsApp banking and to my surprise Kotak issue’s CRN even for Fastag. So i tried using CRN too but it still says “Details based on CRN unavailable”

I am unable to figure out what exactly is the issue. Is it because of the Fastag or what? Kindly share your views and experience on the same.
Try opening 811 account

Apply as new customer

It will NOT work. You have two options :

1. Open a savings / CASA & they will map your existing CRN to the account & then apply for a CC using the existing CRN.

2. Apply as new customer for CC & if approved they will map your CC to your existing CRN that is mapped with your FastTag.

Everything in Kotak is mapped via CRN but it will NOT consider that CRN valid until you have not completed your full KYC .. Which is only done when open a banking / CC / financial relationship with them & Fast Tag is NOT one of them !

Hope this answers your query.

Last edited:

1. Open a savings / CASA & they will map your existing CRN to the account & then apply for a CC using the existing CRN.

2. Apply as new customer for CC & if approved they will map your CC to your existing CRN that is mapped with your FastTag.

Everything in Kotak is mapped via CRN but it will NOT consider that CRN valid till you have nOt completed full KYC .. Which is only done when open a banking / CC ? financial relationship with them & Fast Tag is NOT one of them !

Thanks for the reply! I tried applying both ways existing and new customer but in both cases i faced this issue but anyways yesterday I opened Kotak 811 account just for the sake of being able to apply for Kotak CC from my number and surprisingly it worked the CC application auto fetched my details after filling in the CRN. I guess the issue was due to Kotak Fastag only.

Probably even though they do generate CRN for Fastag customer they do not actually consider Fastag users as an existing customer due to which my CRN was getting auto fetched from my mobile number and DoB while applying but since I was not a Full KYC customer it showed that error.

Everything in Kotak is mapped via CRN but it will NOT consider that CRN valid until you have not completed your full KYC .. Which is only done when open a banking / CC / financial relationship with them & Fast Tag is NOT one of them !
my CRN was getting auto fetched from my mobile number and DoB while applying but since I was not a Full KYC customer it showed that error.
So, now you know what i was talking about. With Kotak you will soon realise that everything starting from your bank accounts, CCs, Loans, FastTags etc will be linked to your CRN. That is how their system works.

I have no Kotak Fastag or anything By Kotak, while applying for CC still asking for CRN, I don't want to open account. As I already have to many. Any solution?

I have no Kotak Fastag or anything By Kotak, while applying for CC still asking for CRN, I don't want to open account. As I already have to many. Any solution?
Kotak is one of the few banks that gives you a pre approved CC with even their 811 (0 balance) account. Open one & as soon as you get the CC, close it. Easiest way to go about it.

Back