• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Kotak rejected card citing non-serviceable area

im-raghav

TF Buzz
I received a call from Kotak Bank, promising a 3.5 lakh credit limit, and no document was required, KYC was done the same day. Later, the application was declined upon inquiry with them got to know that my address lies in a non-serviceable area with some negative points on their end. But my pincode lies in Delhi and even my friends have Kotak cards What's the solution to this?

I received a call from Kotak Bank, promising a 3.5 lakh credit limit, and no document was required, KYC was done the same day. Later, the application was declined upon inquiry with them got to know that my address lies in a non-serviceable area with some negative points on their end. But my pincode lies in Delhi and even my friends have Kotak cards What's the solution to this?
It's not new 🤭; they rejected my pre-approved application (according to them) 🤣, citing a non-serviceable pincode. In reality, my bank is only 900 meters from my residence, and we even share the same pincode. They used the term 'pre-approved' quite loosely; in fact, it's 'pre-qualified.' The worst part is that even after rejecting your application, they'll keep sending you emails and notifications claiming you're pre-approved for their cards. 🤣

Now, after 3 months, they called me again yesterday and told me I'm pre-approved for their cards. However, I don't trust them until I actually receive the card in my hand. My advice to you is to keep ignoring them, and they'll call you back after some time. Don't chase them. 🤣

Yes. After opening account you can get pre approved offer in 3 months around. I got it in WhatsApp and also in app it will show the card pic (like ICICI) and limit. I got same limit after approval.
Is the limit matched with highest limit available on your existing cards?

In that case,we have to wait for someone else to clarify as you didn't have a higher limit card.
AU matches the limit of existing card.
They match limit when applied card to card I think. In savings account no idea how they decide. Though one of my friend had 85k limit Axis card when AU offered 1 lakh limit card.

Back