• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Kotak rejected card citing non-serviceable area

They match limit when applied card to card I think. In savings account no idea how they decide. Though one of my friend had 85k limit Axis card when AU offered 1 lakh limit card.
It matches the limit via direct application & offers higher limit than existing via swipeup.

I received a call from Kotak Bank, promising a 3.5 lakh credit limit, and no document was required, KYC was done the same day. Later, the application was declined upon inquiry with them got to know that my address lies in a non-serviceable area with some negative points on their end. But my pincode lies in Delhi and even my friends have Kotak cards What's the solution to this?
Don't trust calls citing pre approved card offers. Sometimes offers are genuine but majority of the times they are just an invitation to apply. If you see a pre approved offer in your mobile banking app or net banking then it is a genuine offer. About 3 months after I opened a Kotak account I started seeing pre qualified offers for Kotak cards in my app. I waited as I only wanted to apply if it was pre approved. Later on, I think after another 2-3 months, I got a pre approved offer for Kotak card in Kotak app and this time I applied and received the card within 2-3 days and that too without any type of verification, KYC or CIBIL hit. The process was super smooth. Whereas the interesting thing is that even when I had no offer from Kotak in my app and even when I just had a pre qualified offer, I used to get 3-4 calls daily from Kotak telling me that I have a pre approved offer and asking me to apply for it. By the way I have Kotak 811 zero balance account and I maintained just about 10-15k balance in my account.

Yes. After opening account you can get pre approved offer in 3 months around. I got it in WhatsApp and also in app it will show the card pic (like ICICI) and limit. I got same limit after approval.
Which account are you holding. And what was the balance you maintained. Usage pattern?

Don't trust calls citing pre approved card offers. Sometimes offers are genuine but majority of the times they are just an invitation to apply. If you see a pre approved offer in your mobile banking app or net banking then it is a genuine offer. About 3 months after I opened a Kotak account I started seeing pre qualified offers for Kotak cards in my app. I waited as I only wanted to apply if it was pre approved. Later on, I think after another 2-3 months, I got a pre approved offer for Kotak card in Kotak app and this time I applied and received the card within 2-3 days and that too without any type of verification, KYC or CIBIL hit. The process was super smooth. Whereas the interesting thing is that even when I had no offer from Kotak in my app and even when I just had a pre qualified offer, I used to get 3-4 calls daily from Kotak telling me that I have a pre approved offer and asking me to apply for it. By the way I have Kotak 811 zero balance account and I maintained just about 10-15k balance in my account.
How much limit you got at first?

Yes. After opening account you can get pre approved offer in 3 months around. I got it in WhatsApp and also in app it will show the card pic (like ICICI) and limit. I got same limit after approval.
Did AU do your home or office verification for this pre approved card?

Back