• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Linking of Accounts in ICICI

sauravkumar

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I am thinking of linking of my two savings account in ICICI. Basically one is savings and other one is salary. So wanted to check few things:

Does anyone has linked more than one savings account in iMobile??

What are the advantages and disadvantages of linking?

And what about NRV/TRV?? Is it calculated at account level or customer level??

sauravkumar

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
oh then check with customer care
Just checked with Customer care... They are saying of you link account... Then one account will become secondary. And everytime you have to transfer to primary account if you want to send money to outside ICICI.

Is it true??

Are you able to do transaction i.e. Send money to other bank accounts from secondary account after linking??

devmallya

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I have two accounts. They had different customer ID’s and I was able to link under one. I can choose which account to transfer from. However, I would suggest you change the mobile number to the same for both accounts, so that they both show up for UPI etc.

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
Just checked with Customer care... They are saying of you link account... Then one account will become secondary. And everytime you have to transfer to primary account if you want to send money to outside ICICI.

Is it true??

Are you able to do transaction i.e. Send money to other bank accounts from secondary account after linking??
Just change mobile number in one account as per the other so that mobile number became same in both account...Now place linking of Account request from your salary account internet banking login or imobile app ....there after forget about normal saving account user id and password because after linking request get processed then it will shown in user id marked with your salary account .

sauravkumar

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have two accounts. They had different customer ID’s and I was able to link under one. I can choose which account to transfer from. However, I would suggest you change the mobile number to the same for both accounts, so that they both show up for UPI etc.
Are you sure? I am assuming you have only one PAN.

Isn't the customer ID's are mapped to PAN no??

jack333

TF Legend
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Can we transfer our old upi id from one account to another in icici?

Patil007

TF Ace

Is it true??

for me both account treated as same only, money transfer n all is same applicable to both account. I feel no difference there.

devmallya

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Are you sure? I am assuming you have only one PAN.

Isn't the customer ID's are mapped to PAN no??
These are old accounts from 15+ years ago. At the time PAN wasn’t needed for bank accounts, and they didn’t really mandate any mobile number also. So the accounts were not linked. Even my name is not as per PAN in those accounts. I tried to change but ICICI is asking me to place ad in newspaper and all. So told them to F off and left it as is.

sauravkumar

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
@sauravkumar any update? did you go through with it?
Thanks for bringing this old post.
One customer can have 2 accounts and login.
Customer Number is same in my case but I have 2 login IDs.
TRV is calculated on customer level.

And you can merge 2 accounts very easily through iMobile app. Or you can change the phone number of other account to same as first account.

I didn't merge them because I want them separately only.

I am thinking of linking of my two savings account in ICICI. Basically one is savings and other one is salary. So wanted to check few things:

Does anyone has linked more than one savings account in iMobile??

What are the advantages and disadvantages of linking?

And what about NRV/TRV?? Is it calculated at account level or customer level??
Wanted to share some important stuff that I never found at any forum.

I had amzn icici Credit card and recently opened icici salary account with the same mobile number and email that I had registered with credit card account. Unfortunately I was unable to do any net banking with my salary account as it was showing that my phone number is not updated. Tried to contact bank they didn't helped me.

But customer support helped me. The rep unlinked my number from credit card account and put a service request to add my number with my salary account. After this on the same day my number was updated now I've raised a credit card link request service from my salay account.

I hope anyone facing this issue in future find it helpful.