• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Login issues at CIBIL due to "enhanced security features"

Anshul Gupta

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Is anyone else also facing issues logging into the CIBIL (official) website? They recently shipped a new security feature and now have started asking for additional details (PFA img1) like entering at least two credit card/ account details and then a bunch of questions follow.

Apart from impacting UX due to entering all these details on each login (despite marking the device as trusted). This feature is also filled with bugs. PFA img1, they are asking for input but there's no way to provide input 🤦‍♂️ It's only after fixing the code in the console, that I can proceed further but it takes time and I'm stuck on the next page due to more bugs 🤦‍♂️ (PFA img2)

I'm also facing an issue on the app (more bugs), where I cannot select any option for receiving the OTP (PFA img3)
It sucks after paying for the membership. Interestingly, I haven't found similar issues being reported by others online, even CIBIL customer support told me that they haven't received similar complaints.

Anyways, I've raised the complaint with TransUnion, just wanted to know if anyone else here also facing similar issues or if I am the only one 😢
Complain tweet for those who're interested.

Attachments

• Img1.png
    Img1.png
    28.7 KB · Views: 35
  • Img2.png
    Img2.png
    35.8 KB · Views: 35
  • Img3.jpeg
    Img3.jpeg
    159.7 KB · Views: 35
Is anyone else also facing issues logging into the CIBIL (official) website? They recently shipped a new security feature and now have started asking for additional details (PFA img1) like entering at least two credit card/ account details and then a bunch of questions follow.

Apart from impacting UX due to entering all these details on each login (despite marking the device as trusted). This feature is also filled with bugs. PFA img1, they are asking for input but there's no way to provide input 🤦‍♂️ It's only after fixing the code in the console, that I can proceed further but it takes time and I'm stuck on the next page due to more bugs 🤦‍♂️ (PFA img2)

I'm also facing an issue on the app (more bugs), where I cannot select any option for receiving the OTP (PFA img3)
It sucks after paying for the membership. Interestingly, I haven't found similar issues being reported by others online, even CIBIL customer support told me that they haven't received similar complaints.

Anyways, I've raised the complaint with TransUnion, just wanted to know if anyone else here also facing similar issues or if I am the only one 😢
Anyone will say others dont have problem with us.

Cibil interface is ever seen in my life.

Actually just shows partial info even we buy subscription.

Last edited:
Anyone will say others have problem with us.

Cibil interface is ever seen in my life.

Actually just shows partial info even we buy subscription.
Is this your first login at CIBIL portal ?
I am regularly checking score from CIBIL and have not faced any such issue..but if you login for first time then they might verify some of informations from your CIBIL history..Give try to CIBIL website for the same..Sometimes their app behave abnormally.

I didn't facing any issues like this. But each and every time I have asked to put OTP in both App and Browser from past 4 days!!!

This is my succesful log into the offical CIBIL webstie a few minutes ago..

1686316962331.png

and the login to the APP looks like below:

1686317192284.jpeg

Absolutely having no problem for the last 5 years or so, logs into this website almost daily once.

I think the issue may be related to your account/ PC /browser/app version etc...

After looking into the your screen shots,
This generally happens for the first time user. If you are not first time user, there is something wrong with your account configuration. It is not recognizing you as an existing user.
This enhanced security features were introduced a long time back and it worked very well till now for me. i.e. no issues after the security features...

As chenrichy mentioned, these days it keeps asking OTP almost everytime for their website.
For app , if we login using finger print ,no otp required...

Anyway , this more like user specific, persuade with CIBIL and sort out...

Last edited:
This is my succesful log into the offical CIBIL webstie a few minutes ago..

View attachment 19390

and the login to the APP looks like below:

View attachment 19391

Absolutely having no problem for the last 5 years or so, logs into this website almost daily once.

I think the issue may be related to your account/ PC /browser/app version etc...

After looking into the your screen shots,
This generally happens for the first time user. If you are not first time user, there is something wrong with your account configuration. It is not recognizing you as an existing user.
This enhanced security features were introduced a long time back and it worked very well till now for me. i.e. no issues after the security features...

As chenrichy mentioned, these days it keeps asking OTP almost everytime for their website.
For app , if we login using finger print ,no otp required...

Anyway , this more like user specific, persuade with CIBIL and sort out...

Is this your first login at CIBIL portal ?
I am regularly checking score from CIBIL and have not faced any such issue..but if you login for first time then they might verify some of informations from your CIBIL history..Give try to CIBIL website for the same..Sometimes their app behave abnormally.

I had been logging into the website for the last two years with no problems as well. I purchased the annual membership last month and the issue started to occur just about a week after that (same for the app). Maybe the account config somehow got screwed post that.

Yeah, it seems likely the system is treating me as a new user as during the login through the app, I cannot see any option for receiving the OTP.

But thanks a lot for the responses, now I at least know the issue is user-specific and can deal with CIBIL with more context.

Last edited:
Back