• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Look what Lounge Access has done

I just hope that more and more outlets install a Swiping machine, and dont want extra 1-2% from us for swiping Credit Cards
imo, Many small business owners in Tier-2 &Tier-3 won't install swiping machines at their outlets because that makes smaller profits to even smaller with monthly rentals and MDR.
There's only one ruler "UPI"

imo, Many small business owners in Tier-2 &Tier-3 won't install swiping machines at their outlets because that makes smaller profits to even smaller with monthly rentals and MDR.
There's only one ruler "UPI"
How about Credit Cards using UPI , and bring it to all payment apps like PayTM, PhonePe and all?

Upto Rs 2000/- . After that , since MDR wont be free, we can get points
In future, Merchants won't accept UPI if there is no option to disable the payment through CCUpi and will start accepting e-₹.
If there is option to disable payments via CCUpi then they will disable it.

In future, Merchants won't accept UPI if there is no option to disable the payment through CCUpi and will start accepting e-₹.
If there is option to disable payments via CCUpi then they will disable it.
There is a way over it,but the Govt. needs to come up with it.

If the Govt. announces that one cannot offer discounts for people bringing in cash, and that the money to be charged to the customer should be the same, irrespective of the mode of payment, and make some good rules, so that they cannot be easily bypassed.
I mean, OneCard has come up with a Amex type Credit card system - that means Credit Card is booming. Only Tier 2 and 3 cities need to be in on it.

Just because merchant has UPI scanner does not mean that UPI linked credit card will work. What I understand is this....

Merchants also have to enable accepting payment via credit card linked to UPI. It is an opt in. So for a merchant who has issues with MDR will not enable UPI Credit card option, he will only enable normal bank UPI.

I don't know how many of you have noticed phonepay scanner allowing credit cards. Some merchants allow card payment via phonepe scan (via phonepay saved cards) while some merchants only allow UPI.

Reactions: AsB
Back