• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Lost/Stolen card - Turn off transactions or block card?

CyberPsych

TF Ace
If someone left his wallet in a known place or not sure if it is lost, can we turn off all the transactions in the mobile banking app until sure it is lost and then blocking, requesting the bank for card replacement? Or one should block the card permanently?

If someone left his wallet in a known place or not sure if it is lost, can we turn off all the transactions in the mobile banking app until sure it is lost and then blocking, requesting the bank for card replacement? Or one should block the card permanently?
If known place means just turn off.

If lost or can't found, block permanently and ask for replacement.

Did not want to create a new post for this, If I block a card and ask for a reissue, do I get a new card number or do I get the same number I had on the card earlier ?

Did not want to create a new post for this, If I block a card and ask for a reissue, do I get a new card number or do I get the same number I had on the card earlier ?

damaged, most of the time same number with new expiry and cvv.

lost/stolen, sometimes they'll change the card number along with new expiry and cvv... depends on bank to bank and serious of the issue.

Last edited:
same number with new expiry and cvv.

number can only change (for most banks), if you report some kind of issue with that binary or number like not able to purchase despite all settings, someone hacked or used etc. otherwise its always same number with new expiry and cvv.
Damn! I got to confirm with the bank I guess, I am seeing some weird charges on my SC Card and asked SC to block the card, SC said it has been blocked and the charges are being investigated, per SC to order a new card I need to apply from the app or web portal.

Was wondering in this case if I get a new number or how is it.

Mostly, when card is stolen/lost, banks provide new cards with a different number..

if you request for re-issue (due to damage/expiry), same card number is carried forward... but this depends from bank to bank

Back