• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Macbook pro M3 Pro. Buying online or Offline? Or should I wait for online offers?

I am planning to buy a MacBook pro M3 pro.
From what I am seeing online, it's the most expensive at apple.com. Other online retailers are showing it in range of 187000.

Some of the retailers are mentioning that banking offers would start after 09th September.
When it comes to offline venues, the cheapest I have been able to find is 175000?

Should I wait for online offers or sales on amazon ?? Or go with the offline venues.

Also, I would be applying for GST refund for this , so student offer is not possible?

Thanks

From what I am seeing online, it's the most expensive at apple.com. Other online retailers are showing it in range of 187000.

Some of the retailers are mentioning that banking offers would start after 09th September.
When it comes to offline venues, the cheapest I have been able to find is 175000?

Should I wait for online offers or sales on amazon ?? Or go with the offline venues.

Also, I would be applying for GST refund for this , so student offer is not possible?

Thanks
Never ever buy such high value products from Flipkart or Amazon.
Its better to buy MacBook offline, even though you'll pay a little extra but with gst refund it wouldn't seem that much.

One more option is available, you can buy the macbook from Apple india official website and select 'pick up from store' option. This will only makes sense if you live in Delhi or Mumbai because these two places have official apple stores.

Never ever buy such high value products from Flipkart or Amazon.
Its better to buy MacBook offline, even though you'll pay a little extra but with gst refund it wouldn't seem that much.

One more option is available, you can buy the macbook from Apple india official website and select 'pick up from store' option. This will only makes sense if you live in Delhi or Mumbai because these two places have official apple stores.
Buying using cc is 1000% safe.

Read article on chargeback

Visit an authorised reseller like Maple/iVenus or whatever is available in your city. Negotiate for a good store discount along with the bank offer. Student discount is not applicable on a GST bill. Make sure to check box MRP

Thanks
Why specifically M3 pro?? IMO for apple products one can get the best deal for one generation old products.

Thanks
Call croma/reliance digital/apple resellers in your city and check for stock availability snd their best price after all discounts. Buying directly on apple site/store at retail price is absurd unless its a new release.

Walk in, make purchase and autheticate.
Recently bought M3 Air in an imagine store in bangalore.

If you have Diners or Infinia, you can buy it at Imagine via Smartbuy - 5X rewards subject to cap.

I bought an air at Flipkart via Amex reward multiplier - got the 5X points after few months - 5X only applies to Platinum Charge and Gold card.

If not urgent, it would be better to wait for the Diwali sale as generally prices of Macbooks are lower then. I bought laptops from Amazon and Flipkart earlier and not had issues with them.

Wait for big billion days to start.
You don't have to purchase online but when the discount price is revealed in Flipkart/Amazon, there's a huge chance that Offline stores like reliance digital/chroma will match that offer.
Then you can go there and buy it peacefully.

Thanks
Apple is introducing M4/M4 Pro/M4 Max Macbook Pros as early as next month. So, you have the best of both worlds: you can buy the latest M4 MBP, or an even cheaper previous-gen M3 MBP. Since the launch is likely before Diwali, you will get festive discounts as well.

Back