• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Magnus for international spends

msankadi

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hi

I am going on a trip to dubai in December and plan to swipe my axis magnus cards to get RP and aep...I have m4b

1. Does magnus provide rp on international transactions and accelerated edge points too?
2. I have samsung axis card too... Which shows accelerated reward points for international transactions... Is this better than my magnus card?
3. I have a few other cards including infinia... Any other card that would be better for me?

I have used Magnus Burgundy / HDFC Infinia and IDFC Wow combo extensively in Dubai and it worked very well.

On Magnus you get points and counted in AEP as well.

There are 1-2 locations where rental MCC is registered. I encountered one instance where 1% rental was charged. It was for Monorail ticket at ticket counter to go to Palm Dubai. But transaction value was only around 30 dirhams

For cab payments and metro card recharge, better to use zero forex cards since it will be a small value transaction. For all other high value transactions use M4B.

I used M4B on Klook as well for INR payments of attractions. Works quite well except 1% DCC is charged. Since I was on AEP due to iphone purchase for a friend, everything was rewarding.

Klook payment + 1% DCC almost always works out better than direct counter swipe for attractions (some of them may fall under Govt MCC and hence no rewards). E.g. some global village swipes come under Govt MCC

I have used Magnus Burgundy / HDFC Infinia and IDFC Wow combo extensively in Dubai and it worked very well.

There are 1-2 locations where rental MCC is registered. I encountered one instance where 1% rental was charged. It was for Monorail ticket at ticket counter to go to Palm Dubai. But transaction value was only around 30 dirhams

For cab payments and metro card recharge, better to use zero forex cards since it will be a small value transaction. For all other high value transactions use M4B.

I used M4B on Klook as well for INR payments of attractions. Works quite well except 1% DCC is charged. Since I was on AEP due to iphone purchase for a friend, everything was rewarding.

Klook payment + 1% DCC almost always works out better than direct counter swipe for attractions
In klook Change to local currency of that country you won't be charged dcc

Hi

I am going on a trip to dubai in December and plan to swipe my axis magnus cards to get RP and aep...I have m4b

1. Does magnus provide rp on international transactions and accelerated edge points too?
2. I have samsung axis card too... Which shows accelerated reward points for international transactions... Is this better than my magnus card?
3. I have a few other cards including infinia... Any other card that would be better for me?
If you are enrolled in the Global Value program, then Infinia would give you net positive returns. Magnus would also work out the same, probably more rewarding if you are into Accor.

I heavily used both M4B & Infinia on my Dubai-Abu Dhabi (Dec 2023) trip & faced no issues.

Klook payment + 1% DCC almost always works out better than direct counter swipe for attractions (some of them may fall under Govt MCC and hence no rewards). E.g. some global village swipes come under Govt MCC
Thanks for all the responses... This is great will explore klook then and use it... Anyways my hotels are already paid so it's mainly going to be food transport and attractions

In Klook INR payment + DCC is better than local currency payment almost all the time for cards such as m4b

For cards like SBI cashback there is no DCC and flat 5% cashback on klook INR payments
Also there are the TripAdvisor activities similar to Klook.. Do you know if that is also the right mcc or wrong mcc to fetch aep?

Back