• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

MCC code for Thomas Cook?

ankiiiii

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I need to make payment for a tour package at Thomas Cook and was trying to select the best card for it.
If it is travel category MCC, then I would love to use Axis Atlas.

But I am unable to find out the MCC, also I am worried that if the MCC is under some stupid category like insurance (as Thomas Cook does sell insurance) then it would so useless, and UPI payment using Tata Neu app would be more advantageous.

How do I find the MCC? The person at the counter had no clue.

Thanks!

Solution
I need to make payment for a tour package at Thomas Cook and was trying to select the best card for it.

But I am unable to find out the MCC, also I am worried that if the MCC is under some stupid category like insurance (as Thomas Cook does sell insurance) then it would so useless, and UPI payment using Tata Neu app would be more advantageous.

Thanks!
Online payments for Thomas Cook is tagged under Travel Agent MCC. I got 2EM/Rs 100 on my Atlas.

If you are swiping at the POS, block the card and do a transaction. It will fail. After that, you can call customer care to get the MCC.

Thanks!
Online payments for Thomas Cook is tagged under Travel Agent MCC. I got 2EM/Rs 100 on my Atlas.

If you are swiping at the POS, block the card and do a transaction. It will fail. After that, you can call customer care to get the MCC.

Solution

Thanks!
Only 5x applicable on axis travel edge for rest it's basic miles

Could you please elaborate it?
In the Axis app, temp block the card or turn off domestic transactions. Then try to make the payment. The payment will fail. After that, you can call Axis customer care and ask them the MCC of the failed transaction.

Many of us who use Atlas (and other cards that give rewards for specific MCCs) follow this to find the MCC before making a payment.

Last edited:
Back