• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

MISLEADING INDUSIND SELECT

I WENT TO A BRANCH NEAR MY PLACE TO OPEN A SELECT ACCOUNT RECENTLY I GOT LEGEND LTF SO 0MAB MAIN REASON
BUT THIS GUY TOLD HE WOULD OPEN A SELECT ACCOUNT WITH 50K CHEQUE I GAVE HIM LATER WHEN THE ACCOUNT OPENED AND STARTED SHOWING IN APP ITS SHOWING PRIVILEGE MAX Now what should i do should i stop the cheque payment
Later they started denying about select but the truth is i told him that i need select only.

Kindly suggest what to do.

I WENT TO A BRANCH NEAR MY PLACE TO OPEN A SELECT ACCOUNT RECENTLY I GOT LEGEND LTF SO 0MAB MAIN REASON
BUT THIS GUY TOLD HE WOULD OPEN A SELECT ACCOUNT WITH 50K CHEQUE I GAVE HIM LATER WHEN THE ACCOUNT OPENED AND STARTED SHOWING IN APP ITS SHOWING PRIVILEGE MAX Now what should i do should i stop the cheque payment
Later they started denying about select but the truth is i told him that i need select only.

If they do not agree to convert, simply let the amount credit and transfer it back to your original bank and close account. RBI rules, no closure charges within 15 days for any bank account.

This situation is easily remedied.

Simply go to the branch again and ask for two things:

1. Account Upgrade Form to upgrade your account to the desired variant.
2. Complaint Form to complain against that very branch and people.

Number 2 will prove difficult, so write an email to the bank including your experience about how difficult it was to perform action number 2, along with the unnecessary hassle to even have to perform action number 1.

Now, if you simply want the bank to take care of everything since it is their (completely intended, may I add) mistake, go to NCH INGRAM and lodge a complaint there. The bank people will come to you wherever you are instead of you having to run after them.

But, first, start with an email to the bank, not even visiting the branch, since the people at the branch are arguably not serving customers properly and are instead looking after their sale targets for specific products. No way they open an inferior account variant when a customer is asking and paying for a superior variant; this was about the rep's target for Privilege Max accounts and it reeks of it.

Last edited:
email id to indusind bank which can fetch quick response ?
This situation is easily remedied.

Simply go to the branch again and ask for two things:

1. Account Upgrade Form to upgrade your account to the desired variant.
2. Complaint Form to complain against that very branch and people.

Number 2 will prove difficult, so write an email to the bank including your experience about how difficult it was to perform action number 2, along with the unnecessary hassle to even have to perform action number 1.

Now, if you simply want the bank to take care of everything since it is their (completely intended, may I add) mistake, go to NCH INGRAM and lodge a complaint there. The bank people will come to you wherever you are instead of you having to run after them.

But, first, start with an email to the bank, not even visiting the branch, since the people at the branch are arguably not serving customers properly and are instead looking after their sale targets for specific products. No way they open an inferior account variant when a customer is asking and paying for a superior variant; this was about the rep's target for Privilege Max accounts and it reeks of it.

email id to indusind bank which can fetch quick response ?

You can send it to (premium.care @ indusind .com) and after identifying yourself with your account number, tell them politely that you were expecting and paid for Indus Select product. Be polite.

This is not the end of the world, because accounts can be easily upgraded. They will do it. You will not have to do anything. However, mention, politely, that this is not the kind of start you were expecting to your relationship with IndusInd.

Account upgrade usually takes about 3 days from the day request, but they might say 7 days. Nonetheless, it will happen. Worry not.

Last edited:

I think its simple.

IndusInd is like this only, most of the times. I suggest you to do the below.

1. You can withdraw 30k from the account, since Max Privilege only needs 20k MAB.
  2. Link your existing legend CC to your Max Privilege. This will satisfy the requirement for Select Account.
  3. Visit Branch, ask for account upgradation form & Select SOP (contains details of various charges involved in Select account). Duly fill & sign them, provide KYC.
  4. You should get SMS/Email with SR number within 2-3 working days. After that, it may take 3-4 working days for account upgrade.
  5. Once upgraded, call customer care & request for Select Debit Card (any variant you want, they offer master card, visa signature, visa platinum in select)
  6. You can remove that 20k balance also.

Personally, it took me 27 days of struggle to get my select account upgraded to exclusive. It will eventually happen, but sometimes it takes time.

Going forward, you will get lot of patience dealing with Indus. So be prepared.

Warm welcome to the club.

I think its simple.

IndusInd is like this only, most of the times. I suggest you to do the below.

1. You can withdraw 30k from the account, since Max Privilege only needs 20k MAB.
  2. Link your existing legend CC to your Max Privilege. This will satisfy the requirement for Select Account.
  3. Visit Branch, ask for account upgradation form & Select SOP (contains details of various charges involved in Select account). Duly fill & sign them, provide KYC.
  4. You should get SMS/Email with SR number within 2-3 working days. After that, it may take 3-4 working days for account upgrade.
  5. Once upgraded, call customer care & request for Select Debit Card (any variant you want, they offer master card, visa signature, visa platinum in select)
  6. You can remove that 20k balance also.

Personally, it took me 27 days of struggle to get my select account upgraded to exclusive. It will eventually happen, but sometimes it takes time.

Going forward, you will get lot of patience dealing with Indus. So be prepared.

Warm welcome to the club.

This is a longwinded procedure for no fault of the customer. We should first try and have the bank upgrade the account from the backend.

One more thing @Anubhavrocks71

You should see if you can upgrade your account via the app or IndusNet. The option should be there. Select your customer ID/ account number and select the account variant to upgrade to - Indus Select. All can be done online.

But, nonetheless, please send an email to the bank about their slipshod personnel.

This is a longwinded procedure for no fault of the customer. We should first try and have the bank upgrade the account from the backend.

One more thing @Anubhavrocks71

You should see if you can upgrade your account via the app or IndusNet. The option should be there. Select your customer ID/ account number and select the account variant to upgrade to - Indus Select. All can be done online.

But, nonetheless, please send an email to the bank about their slipshod personnel.
Agree that this headache customer has to bear for no fault of his.

But sadly, its hard to deal with customer care also. They will put everything on bank branch.

Unfortunately their online upgrade option doesn't work in NB or app. It won't allow you to upgrade any account, simply says no upgrade possible something.
1705501455853.png

I HAVE DROPPED THE EMAIL TO PREMIUM CARE IF THEY DON'T REPLY I WILL PULL THEM TILL BANKING OBDESMEN AND ALSO TO CONSUMER COURT IF THESE BUGGERS DON'T COME OUT WITH A SOLUTION THEY ARE JUST MISLEADING AND MISINFORMING I TOLD THAT PERSON WHO WAS OPENING THE ACCOUNT 10 TIMES SELECT ACCOUNT HI CHAHIYE BUT AGAIN A CHEAP PRIVATE BANKING PROMISE MISLEAD AND TARGET POLICIES.

Oh this is funny. That option used to work from 2012 to 2017 when I was actively their customer. I could select my account and upgrade to Indus Exclusive, but I never did as Indus Select was anyway free for me and I did not need it. 2018, my relationship totally soured with them because of their branch personnel over inward remittance getting sent back and not credited to my account, and their requiring all sorts of documentation that I said okay, I will give you one document - the largest finger we have in our hands.

Restarting my relationship with them 6 years later, I, too, see that this option is not working. I thought it was not working because my account was reactivated from dormancy so it might take a while. Interesting to see that the option is dead for everyone now. That is progress! Working in 2012, no longer in 2024. Only at IndusInd.

I HAVE DROPPED THE EMAIL TO PREMIUM CARE IF THEY DON'T REPLY I WILL PULL THEM TILL BANKING OBDESMEN AND ALSO TO CONSUMER COURT IF THESE BUGGERS DON'T COME OUT WITH A SOLUTION THEY ARE JUST MISLEADING AND MISINFORMING I TOLD THAT PERSON WHO WAS OPENING THE ACCOUNT 10 TIMES SELECT ACCOUNT HI CHAHIYE BUT AGAIN A CHEAP PRIVATE BANKING PROMISE MISLEAD AND TARGET POLICIES.

One request - please use their credit card to get yourself a new keyboard. 😅

Yessssss!!! Threatening is the right way to go! It shows who's the boss.

Back