• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Most Useless Customer Care By HDFC

asahi

TF Premier
I opened my Acc with HDFC 50 days back, within last 50 days including today i called customer care 5-6 times for various issues & information. But after keeping me on hold for 5 to 12mins, they simply asking me to visit branch each & every time. They never solved my issue on phone or gave proper information, single answer for everything “VISIT BRANCH”. It’s so frustrating, i was dumbfounded to witness that the largest private bank’s customer care is this pathetic. Sometimes it’s even worse, after 12 mins of keeping me on hold, suddenly sound will cut off (not even that nasty music or awareness voice over). To email my issues to HDFC I can’t find their mailing id on their website. 1st time this kinda thing happening to me with a bank’s customer support. No other bank Customer Care never always rerouted the issues to branch. is it happening just for me or HDFC BANK Customer care like this only?

P.S: If this is a duplicate thread please merge

Last edited:

Nishan11

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I have heard many similar stories. I find dealing with govt banks much easier than hdfc.

That's why I am hesitant to open account with them. I visited nearby branch ( Telibandha & Avanti Vihar in Raipur, Chhattisgarh ). Most employees including BM are morons & don't have any knowledge. Sooner or later I wish to get into imperia banking program.

@Venky Bro any good hdfc branch recommendation in raipur ?

asahi

TF Premier
I have heard many similar stories. I find dealing with govt banks much easier than hdfc.

That's why I am hesitant to open account with them. I visited nearby branch ( Telibandha & Avanti Vihar in Raipur, Chhattisgarh ). Most employees including BM are morons & don't have any knowledge. Sooner or later I wish to get into imperia banking program.

Luckily my Home branch Assistant Manager is a decent person. Whenever i WhatsApp or call for help, she responds positively & helps most of the time. But i was hesitant to call her for everything, it may seem taking for granted.

Venky

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Most people I knew in HDFC have already shifted. I think I can arrange the number of a BM who can help. I’ll let you know tomorrow.

Also if you can try, there’s a new branch that opened in VIP Estate Opp. Kanha Children’s Hospital, near Ashoka Ratan. It’s a small branch and fairly new, so maybe they could help. I’ll anyway try getting the number of the BM who’s known by one of my friends.

Trust Me

TF Ace
I find dealing with govt banks much easier than hdfc.

Even with that kind of impression about HDFC you still want to get into their Imperia program ?! If you expect something very special in that program, you might be disappointed.

Nishan11

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Most people I knew in HDFC have already shifted. I think I can arrange the number of a BM who can help. I’ll let you know tomorrow.

Also if you can try, there’s a new branch that opened in VIP Estate Opp. Kanha Children’s Hospital, near Ashoka Ratan. It’s a small branch and fairly new, so maybe they could help. I’ll anyway try getting the number of the BM who’s known by one of my friends.
Thank you 😊

Nishan11

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Even with that kind of impression about HDFC you still want to get into their Imperia program ?! If you expect something very special in that program, you might be disappointed.
I am in no rush. Keeping all options open. Looking for family banking benefits as I am going to put some big FD on my mother's name, as senior citizen interest rate is slightly better for them.

Already have accounts with SBI & BOB. So looking to go with private bank.

Indusind review is not that great. Axis burgundy is another option.

Not going with AU or IDFC.

Trust Me

TF Ace
Indusind review is not that great. Axis burgundy is another option.

Haha....

You are apparently bitten by death wish! -- Mulling over jumping from the frying pan to the fire, eh? :)

As much as I dislike certain things about HDFC, their basics are alright, -- which is more than I can say about Axis.

If you have to go with a private bank, go with the lesser of the evils, -- choose HDFC.

Nishan11

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Haha....

You are apparently bitten by death wish! -- Mulling over jumping from the frying pan to the fire, eh? :)

As much as I dislike certain things about HDFC, their basics are alright, -- which is more than I can say about Axis.

If you have to go with a private bank, go with the lesser of the evils, -- choose HDFC.
That's the plan, just looking for good branch in my city.