• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Issue Resolved MRCC unique fee issue - overlap of old and new offer period

The highlighted issue has been resolved by the bank/financial institution.

Sriim

TF Ace
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Hi,

Here's the timeline

Aug 28 - @avikrish applied for MRCC using my referral wanting get MRCC without joining fee and reduced annual fee (1500)
Sep 3 - card was approved
Sep 8 - card was delivered

Meanwhile, Amex shook up the referral terms and conditions coming up with new joining and annual fees for MRCC on referral (1000, 4500). The new offer was called limited period festive offer and offer period is from Sep 3 - Oct 22, 2024.

Now upon receiving the card, he was shocked to see joining fee as 1000 and annual fees as 4500. The referral link clearly showed 0 joining fee and 1500 annual fees (he doesn't have a screenshot though)

I raised the issue with amex chat support, but they seem to be of the idea that the previous offer would apply only if applied and approved before September 2. Even though i tried to explain that the date September 2 was mentioned nowhere on the referral terms and conditions (the previous offer period was from August 1 to December 31 i think), they're denying it from their side by saying these offers are for limited time only (but the deadline for this limited offer was mentioned nowhere)

Now how to proceed here? Also if anyone has the screenshot of the previous offer showing offer period till December 31 and 0 joining fee for MRCC, it'll be helpful

@BestBanker @coolguy1 @vaibhav111
@SSV @BVC @TechnoFino @Tejas

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-09-08-01-14-03-78.webp
    Screenshot_2024-09-08-01-14-03-78.webp
    175.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Solution
Hi,

Here's the timeline

Aug 28 - @avikrish applied for MRCC using my referral wanting get MRCC without joining fee and reduced annual fee (1500)

Meanwhile, Amex shook up the referral terms and conditions coming up with new joining and annual fees for MRCC on referral (1000, 4500). The new offer was called limited period festive offer and offer period is from Sep 3 - Oct 22, 2024.

Now upon receiving the card, he was shocked to see joining fee as 1000 and annual fees as 4500. The referral link clearly showed 0 joining fee and 1500 annual fees (he doesn't have a screenshot though)

I raised the issue with amex chat support, but they seem to be of the idea that the previous...
I don't have a screenshot of the offer but write the entire scenario with dates and send an email to Manager-Customerservicesindia@aexp.com

That's their grievance email, the team will look into it and update the details of the card accordingly! :)
Thank you. Kindly note @avikrish

And would you advise him to not activate the card till he gets resolution from grievance team?

Hi,

Here's the timeline

I raised the issue with amex chat support, but they seem to be of the idea that the previous offer would apply only if applied and approved before September 2. Even though i tried to explain that the date September 2 was mentioned nowhere on the referral terms and conditions (the previous offer period was from August 1 to December 31 i think), they're denying it from their side by saying these offers are for limited time only (but the deadline for this limited offer was mentioned nowhere)

Now how to proceed here? Also if anyone has the screenshot of the previous offer showing offer period till December 31 and 0 joining fee for MRCC, it'll be helpful

@BestBanker @coolguy1 @vaibhav111
@SSV @BVC @TechnoFino @Tejas
The old offer still applies. They send normal welcome letter to everyone.
after clicking your referral link whatever terms were shown on the initial page those terms apply.
If it was shown reduced annual fee then that applies.
Don’t worry about welcome letter and don’t worry about CC

Solution
Hi,

Here's the timeline

Did @avikrish check with support about his/her card fee? Get the confirmation first then proceed for escalation. Most likely that card tagged with annual fee 1500, but any case check with them once. Do not trust welcome letters, they sometimes send default ones.

Did @avikrish check with support about his/her card fee? Get the confirmation first then proceed for escalation. Most likely that card tagged with annual fee 1500, but any case check with them once. Do not trust welcome letters, they sometimes send default ones.
Hi All, I just verified with customer care, they mentioned mine has referral benefits, with zero joining and 1500 annual fee

Thank you all for the support.

Back