• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Mutual fund app with Tax Harvesting feature

Reaper

TF Select
Tax Harvesting is an interesting idea in a mutual fund to save tax (up to 1 lakh). Can anyone please tell me which all mutual fund app supports this feature?
I read somewhere that this feature is available in ET Money app, can someone please confirm.

I see this feature in Kuvera app. But didn't use it as there's no need for me.
This feature was also offered for free till recently, (didn't check in last few weeks), I think it's like ₹400 per year (which seems reasonable).

I see this feature in Kuvera app. But didn't use it as there's no need for me.
This feature was also offered for free till recently, (didn't check in last few weeks), I think it's like ₹400 per year (which seems reasonable).
Thanks.
Is there any other app which has this feature?
I heard their customer support is way to slow.

Isme feature ki need nahi hai. Redeem the profits upto 1 lac, if u want to stay invested, buy the units of same MF with total redeemed money, so that compounding of profit doesn't get affected and you also get tax free profit of 1 lac.

I get it, we can download the statement from CAMS/KFIN TECHNOLOGIES but you need to check if those units are under LTCG. Also one can claim only up to 1 lakh. This becomes cumbersome when multiple funds are there.
A feature like this will make the life little easy.

I get it, we can download the statement from CAMS/KFIN TECHNOLOGIES but you need to check if those units are under LTCG. Also one can claim only up to 1 lakh. This becomes cumbersome when multiple funds are there.
A feature like this will make the life little easy.
in groww, you can include external investments on it, u need to give it permission. After giving permission it gives you exact amount of units which have become LTCG now. So u need to redeem exactly that amount, because MFs follow FIFO principle.

in groww, you can include external investments on it, u need to give it permission. After giving permission it gives you exact amount of units which have become LTCG now. So u need to redeem exactly that amount, because MFs follow FIFO principle.
Great….thanks !!
This is what I have been looking for.
Is this feature only for mutual funds or for stocks as well ??
Under which section can I see this option in Groww app?

Great….thanks !!
This is what I have been looking for.
Is this feature only for mutual funds or for stocks as well ??
Under which section can I see this option in Groww app?
I can guide for groww login in laptop, it is easier for me.
Investments >> Mutual FUnds > Sabse niche ek option hai refresh external funds > OTP verification hoga. Around 15 minutes me update ho jayega sab kuch. Fir portfolio analysis me check kroge vaha LTCG aur STCG separate dikhayega vo.

Interesting.....I was expecting a more detailed explanation from the Value Research article.
Its already a detailed explanation.
You can't save more than 10k tax/FY from LTCG of ₹ 1lac/FY.

And i think you skipped the link for another article from this article.
Here you go -

1000354200.webp

However, some links suggest other ways....below is one of them:

Also I usually stay away from finfluensers. They tend to make a big deal out of anything for views/likes/subscribers.

Last edited:
Tax Harvesting is an interesting idea in a mutual fund to save tax (up to 1 lakh). Can anyone please tell me which all mutual fund app supports this feature?
I read somewhere that this feature is available in ET Money app, can someone please confirm.
I don't think it is worth in the long term for the amount of time you spend on it vs the extra amount of returns you make.
ABove article from ValueResearch clearly articulates this

Back